Has anyone ever used "cash for junk cars'?

Has anyone ever sold their car to them?

Are the prices fair?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I did "Junk my Car" they give you a quote online and then you decide whether to accept it or not! Real easy.

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Claim $100 Free Gift Card : http://FreeGiftCard.siopu.com/?tKW
  • 9 years ago

The prices aren't really fair. I've never sold a car that way, but basically, they are offering cash for junk cars. Not for used cars, but for cars that don't run. They'll generally offer you half of what they KNOW they can get somewhere else. In my area, you will see junk yards that are willing to offer $300 for your junk mobile, knowing that they can sell the parts at the junk lot for more than that. At these places, you have to bring your car to them. Then, you'll see ads saying "we'll pay $150 cash for your junker! We will tow!". Basically, the flyers want you to call them, they will pay you $150, they will tow the car to the junk yard and sell it for $300. If you can tow it yourself, you'll make an extra $150. If you don't have the capability to tow it yourself, call a tow company to see what they charge. If they will charge $100 to tow it to the lot, you're better off by $50 to hire it out to the towing company to take it to the car lot and YOU sell it. You're out $100 for towing, but made $300 on the car so you'll net $200 as opposed to netting $150. But that's just in my area. Whoever is offering, call them up and they'll tell you what the price is, then YOU determine what's fair. You have the car, you're still in control of the situation! :)

Source(s): Business experience and an MBA
  • 9 years ago

I've sold 2 old cars that way in the Atlanta area. You don't get a whole lot for the car but it's better than letting it sit and rot in the garage and of course they tow it away for you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

You're selling the car as junk, scrap, trash. No the price won't be fair unless you are comparing it other buyers of junk.

The alternative is paying someone to haul it away so whatever they give you is a bonus.

• 7 years ago

Cash For Junk Cars in Miami will give you the best offer in miami for your Junk Car. They do the junk car removal and pay you in cash. They pick it up the same day and you don't have to worry about towing service or title transfer , they do it all. They are the best Junk Car Buyer in Miami. If you want to sell your junk car don't hesitate to give them a try. They are nice and honest people.

Here's their website : Junkcarinmiami.com

Phone (305) 517-3681

They also have FAQ in their website.

• Pete M
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I've never used that particular service, but think of it this way... If the car is junk to you, isn't it worth the convenience of having someone come and take it away for you.

That's how these people make their living. They're not out to shortchange anyone, they just need to be paid for their service.

True, you can make arrangements to have it towed away yourself, but it it really worth the hassle?

Only you can decide...

Source(s): Personal experience.
  • 9 years ago

They part out cars...meaning they pay way less than what they make off of them. But if you can't wait for the money (by parting it out) then it's an okay way to go because they'll pick it up and you won't have to see it anymore.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.