Can I buy something from ebay with a gift card without a credit card?

i have a 25$ giftcard to ebay and i want to use it. i technicly have a paypal account but i havent activated the credit card or bank account on it. can i still use the giftcard?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No, you can't just use your $25 gift card directly. You must first link either a bank account or a credit card to your PayPal account.

< Quote from eBay >

You can use an eBay gift card or gift certificate to pay for all or part of a purchase. After clicking Pay Now to pay for the item, you'll be prompted to enter your redemption code.

If you're having problems using a gift card or gift certificate, here are a few things to check:

The seller must accept PayPal for payment.

You must have a PayPal account. If you don't already have a PayPal account, you'll be given an opportunity to sign up.

Your eBay email address must be listed on your PayPal account. If it isn't, you can add your eBay email address by updating your PayPal profile.

Your PayPal account must have a bank account or credit card associated with it. This account information is required for security purposes.

< End Quote >

Source(s): eBay Customer Support
    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.