Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 9 years ago

What is the scientific name??( simple question)?

what is the scientific name of rocky mountain spotted fever (bacterial infectious disease) ?

I found this for the scientific name Dermacentor andersoni... not sure if it is right

Favorite Answer

RMSF is the only thing i could find.

Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (RMSF) was first recognized as a human disease in Idaho in 1896.

-----------

The disease is caused by Rickettsia rickettsii, a species of bacterium that is spread to humans by Dermacentor ticks.

Howard T. Ricketts was the first to establish the identity of the infectious organism that causes this disease

Rocky Mountain spotted fever was first recognized in 1896 in the Snake River Valley of Idaho and was originally called “black measles” because of the characteristic rash

(if wikipedia doesnt list a scientific name, i have to assume rmsf is it)

It has different names in various countries.It is caused by the Rickettsia rickettsii bacteria I is spread by ticks.I didn't find any specific scientific name for it.

Just go on the Internet and find out what it is.