? asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 9 years ago

US History Questions.?

Please help...

a. What was the significance of Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka?

b. How did Lyndon B. Johnson continue the domestic agenda inherited from the Kennedy administration?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka case basically stated that segregation in schools was unconstitutional, which completely overturned the decision made during the Plessy v. Ferguson case.

LBJ continued Kennedy's domestic agenda with something called "War on Poverty." It created the CAA (Community Action Agency) that would provide social service, mental health service, health service, employment service, etc... for the community to help out the poor. Concerning Civil Rights, he also passed a bill that made segregation illegal and eventually abolished poll taxes with the 24th Amendment, and created the Voting Rights Act of 1965 which eliminated literacy tests in the South.

Source(s): http://millercenter.org/president/lbjohnson/essays... There's more on LBJ's agenda on the site if you want to skim through it.
  • 3 years ago

US background Questions? i'm engaged on my US background very final examination evaluation, and that i won't discover the solutions to here questions. Any help is a great deal favorite! a million. The northeastern US became an business midsection throughout the time of the previous due 1700s amd 1800s because of the fact of-- C- its proximity to mineral materials 2. throughout the time of the mid-1800s, the biggest results of the form of steam locomotives replaced into to -- A- develop the value at which products must be transported

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.