Diego Maradona vs Pele?

Who do you think was better? Who was your favorite? Noticed I separated them because you can be unbiased and say one is better and still say one is your favorite. My favorite was Diego, and I also think he was better, because Pele was a striker who's main job it was was to receive the ball and turn to... show more Who do you think was better?

Who was your favorite?

Noticed I separated them because you can be unbiased and say one is better and still say one is your favorite.

My favorite was Diego, and I also think he was better, because Pele was a striker who's main job it was was to receive the ball and turn to score.

Maradona was a Center Attacking Midfield, which means he was expected to do it all. As a mid, he had to run up and down the field constantly, provide long passes and short passes, through balls, crosses, lifted passes. He was expected to hold up and shield the ball in tight situations as a CM, and dribble in and out of these situations when required. He was undoubtedly the better dribbler of the two. Watch any of his youtube videos and compare to Pele's.

He was also expected to score, and he was an excellent free kick taker.

Maradona number 1!!! :)