Car is registered in Harris County, can I get it inspected in Travis County (Austin). Both do emissions...?

So, I need to get my car inspected and I would prefer not to drive all the way to Harris. Can I get it tested in Travis county? They also do emissions testing. I am trying to call Harris DMVs but all the lines are busy :(

For the record, the car is a 2001 Civic and would receive OBDII testing in either location

Favorite Answer

I do Texas state inspection and the vehicle must be inspected where its registered from.