Poll: Which hurts worse; physical pain or emotional pain?

Favorite Answer

Emotional pain hurts the most since ethnics and morals are involved. IF you go against a believe you have and it stays with you for many years and it also one that is very difficult to deal with it can cause you great pain.

Physical pain you can get over, over time it heals differently. It doesn't matter what part of the body it is or how it happened.

Emotional pain does physical hurt!

• Melpoe

Emotional, since physical pain always leads and ends up as emotional pain.

• Juan

Emotional

• Lefty

Physical pain

Source(s): that hot iron I dropped on my big toe.
  • mary

I have never had a Strong emotional pain so I don't know but I have had physical pain that sent me to my knees. it was when my disk slipped out in my back so I would have to say Physical pain. And pain killers did not kill all the pain.

The magnitudes can differ. I can't choose one category over another. Physical pain is worse when comparing having a limb hacked off to doing poorly on an exam. Conversely, a broken heart hurts more than a paper cut.

Source(s): WWHMJD? HE WOULD ROCK!!! Thou shalt turn thy music UP!!
  • Asђ

Emotional pain..

• Keeeet

Emotional.

People cut themselves for physical pain to distract them from the emotional pain.

Emotional.