Irish Actor Poll: Favorite Colm Meaney tv or movie roles?

Many people know him as Chief Miles O'Brien on 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' and also 'Deep Space Nine'. He's appeared in lots more tv shows as well.

He has, however, also appeared in many movies, from smaller Irish films to big budget Hollywood productions.

For those of you who need a reminder of where you've seen him before, here is a safe link showing his many roles:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000538/

Thanks to my friend, "A.K." for the inspiration for this one.

Best Answer

He's excellent in the Commitments as well.

The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain

The star trek tv series

Source(s): ww

Ah yes, I recall Chief O'Brien working under my command briefly a few years ago. I liked his Irish accent & curls. His wife was a bit of a sour-face though as I recall

Hey Abby :)

My favourite has to be The Snapper , i actually read that book before it was made into a movie. It was set out as a play but i still enjoyed it.

He is a great actor and i love his humour.

Source(s): I will send you an email later :)

Of course I thought he did a wonderful job in Star Trek TNG, but I loved him in Con Air too.

I liked him in "Last of the Mohicans" but, despite its obvious flaws, I just really like that movie. I also liked him in the two episodes of Law & Odor he was in, especially the one where he was a judge.

He is an excellent actor! I had to look to see who it was. I have seen him in other things but it has been a while!

come on he was great in Con Air

but his best lately is Get Him to the Greek