Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is Belgium a real country?

... or is it just some sort of social club? Don't real countries have working governments?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Jeff D
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

They seem to be muddling along. Maybe this government business is overrated?

• 2wicky
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

By that definition, Belgium is the most real country in the world:

The federal government may be out of play, but the following are still functioning just fine:

- The Brussels regional government

- The Walloon regional government

- The Flemish government which counts for two

- The French speaking community government

- The German speaking community government

Not to mention the European parliament that lives in Belgium too. So there is quite a lot of redundancy built in.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is Belgium a real country?

... or is it just some sort of social club? Don't real countries have working governments?

Source(s): belgium real country: https://shortly.im/XPziE
  • 5 years ago

20 years ago, the US made BAD beer. Since then the Microbrew revolution has changed EVERYTHING. Without a doubt, most of the best beer in the world comes from microbreweries. But, to be fair, Canada, the UK and some other areas have also caught on to the microbrew craze and are making great beers too. My personal favorites are Saranac and Pete's Wicked but I am constantly discovering new ones. When I went to Toronto last year, I had a great microbrew called North something (I could kick myself for not remembering the name) but it was one of the better beers I have ever had

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Of course it's a country, between France and the Netherlands. Something like ten million citizens.

Source(s): Elementary school
  • 1 decade ago

You appear to forget that every governmental institution is still working and dealing with daily affairs, it's just that they can't enact new laws. It's more a stand-by mode actually.

• 6 years ago

XD that's the funniest thing I've heard today XD

I live there and for so far I know I'm real, so...

Dunno why you would think it's not real, maybe cuz were very tiny compared to other lands, but that doesn't mean we don't exist XD

Source(s): i live there
  • 1 decade ago

Real country- Belgian waffles :)

Source(s): University and my mom is from there
  • 6 years ago

yes it is i am from there i was born there !!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.