Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo MailAbuse and Spam · 9 years ago

I received an email from Broadcast Music, Inc and I want to know if it's spam and/or fraud?

I received a email along with hundreds of others stating this:

Thank you for ordering from Broadcast Music, Inc.

This message is to inform you that your order has been received and is

currently being processed.

Your order reference is 856100. You will need this in all correspondence.

This receipt is NOT proof of purchase. We will send a printed invoice by

mail to your billing address.

You have chosen to pay by credit card. Your card will be charged for the

amount of 750.00 USD and "Broadcast Music, Inc." will appear next to the

charge on your statement. l

Your purchase information appears below in the file.

Broadcast Music, Inc.

(IVE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THIS NOR DID I GIVE MY CARD INFO TO ANYBODY. PLUS THERE WAS AN ATTACHMENT AND I DIDN'T CLICK IT CUZ IT MIGHT BE A VIRUS OR SOMETHING) HELP!!

Favorite Answer

I just recieved the same email. It is most definitely spam and do NOT open ANY attachments EVER from ANY contacts you do not recognize. Esp if they claim to have something to do with your money.

I also advise checking to see if your contacts page works. Mine failed to open one 404 error right after reading the email (but not clicking any links) co-incidence? I'm hoping the 404 error is a server problem not connected to the email we just recieved.

BMI is Broadcast Music Incorporated, i received similar email with some attachment, this is obviously an attempt to infect us with some kind of virus, most likely a trojan, when you purchase online your vendor sends you your statement in html so you read as part of you email, never as an attachment, I advise don't DON'T for any reason click on the attachment.

I just received the same e-mail telling me the same ( except different order ref # ) must say... it scared the s#!t out of me. I just got my son an iPhone for a birthday gift and thought he went and ordered something he shouldnt have. I to was going to open the file to " see the order " but was also given a second chance to canel which I did. Im glad to see that its a fraud so I printed it for future reference ( just in case ). May actually call Broadcast Music, Inc. out of LA and see what they say.

i do no longer likely have an answer for you because of the fact I in simple terms gained an email from Broadcast music,Inc. myself. They mentioned I had placed an order with them totaling $670.00USD and that could be charged to my mastercard. in addition they mentioned they could deliver me an bill to my billing tackle.yet I even have never contacted this business enterprise. thankfully for me the e-mail went precise into my unsolicited mail container .it is a ask your self that it have been given to me in any respect because of the fact it did no longer even have my the excellent option email tackle on it. So i will take the suggestion of the others answering this question and in simple terms delete the e-mail and then then watch my mastercard assertion very heavily.(just to verify which could charge would not take place.)

I just got one, too, sent to my Yahoo Mail account. It said I think $886.00 USD was going to be put on my credit card.

BMI, I doubt has anything to do with this. I don't even have a Credit Card, so that part can be ignored.

Also, BMI is a music licensing company, much like EMI/CMG, etc.

I received the same email, it was immediately followed by another email from Bibijou Inc saying I ordered something from them.

I received the same message (delivered to my spam folder) only with a different order number & dollar amount. I'm sure it's a scam to get your credit card number, so don't fall for it!

I received it too. Has to be spam. I stupidly clicked on the attached file, but didn't open it (Yahoo scanned it, which gave me a second chance). It's an xxx.exe file.

I received it too, and I agree with everybody else, it must be a scam. They don't even care if they make BMI look bad or who they take from with their deceptive greed.

Source(s): A spam folder email.