How do I Remove or disable Microsoft Bitlocker?

So a couple days ago, I fell asleep with my Dell 1521 Laptop still turned on. When I woke up, my laptop was powered off and I just figured it did that because the battery died. Today I turn it on and a White & Blue Dell MediaDirect Screen appears. I have owned this laptop for close to 2 years now, and have never once seen this screen. My only option on this screen is in the Lower right corner "Exit".

Here is what this screen says:

Dell MediaDirect Express cannot access your hard drive. This may be because you have enabled Microsoft Bitlocker (Drive Encryption). MediaDirect Express is not accessible when Microsoft Bitlocker is Enabled.

When I go to click Exit, it goes to a "Microsoft Windows is exiting screen" and then the laptop shuts off.

I'm running Windows Xp on the laptop, and I cannot get past this screen. Can anyone help me?

Sandy G - That answer would help great, But Re-read through my question. I cannot get past this screen to get to the Start Menu.

Favorite Answer

Microsoft has directions

on power up keep pressing the dell home button it will look something like a house thats all you have to do do not buy any type of crappy software

Thank you, patrick. Your answer save my day. I was ready to do new instalation of the OS. Thanks again