Have i commited blasphemy against the holy spirit?

I was talking with someone and they mentioned that blasphemy is unforgiveable. I have gone through a phase where I resisted the word of God and even said that I didn't believe. I may have even said that God doesn't exist. I wouldn't of considered myself athiest though, perhaps agnostic. I was ignorant you could say. I even had a girlfriend who was Christian and when she asked why I didn't believe I claimed that christianity was societies way of brainwashing people and keeping them in control. I regret some things I may have said but have I commited blasphemy and become unforgiveable?

Favorite Answer

dropping the religious munbo-gumbo ... if you can feel remorse, if you have a conscience, then no - you haven't done anything "unforgivable"

http://www.greatbiblestudy.com/unpardonable_sin.ph...

Blasphemy against the holy spirit occurs when you know and understand what it is you are rejecting or speaking against. Blasphemy is rooted in hatred, not meaningless things said in a fit of rage. The unforgivable sin is blaspheming the holy spirit despite the fact that you are well aware of its presence, that you have willingly invited it in and accepted God's gift of salvation through Jesus. Blasphemy of the holy spirit is to truly know and love God and then reject him. Somebody who is atheist or agnostic, or weak in faith with no real connection to God probably cannot even commit such a sin. Blasphemy of the holy spirit implies that you know damn well what you are doing when you do it.

The very fact that you are worried and remorseful over something you aren't even sure you did indicates that you haven't rejected God or his word.

Note that this has been interpreted a number of ways, my take on it is only one view out of many. In general views on the unpardonable sin generally come to the same consensus--if you're alive and have a conscience or you still love God then you probably have not committed this sin, and probably can't.

In reality I wonder how anybody can cease from obeying all of Jesus' sayings ( Greek text ) after they heard of him . Jesus is upset too . But , unlike Jesus' opinion of you , God , his Father loves you more . And even though most Christians have also done what you did , they still believe that they are SAVED , Which is false . Everyone still has to truly get Baptized both by water and by God's Holy Spirit ( by qualified men , who were called of God as was John The Baptist ) . And then they must sell all that they have and give it to the poor , and only follow Jesus . And I don't think you will find a true Church of God anywhere but in Independence , Mo .

I don't think so. Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is "willfully denying Christ after having received a PERFECT ("PERFECT" being the operative word) knowledge of Him from the Holy Ghost, (which) is the unpardonable sin." Perhaps you should watch what you say and how you say it though.

Source(s): KJV-The Holy Bible (dictionary)

First off, NO ONE IS UNFORGIVABLE!!!! If you just ask God for forgiveness, he will forgive you! Everybody has done things that they regret. Even christians do things that are bad, but God is so forgiving. He has made ex-murderers and ex-drug dealers followers of him. I suggest you pray to God and ask him for forgiveness. Pray to him, and tell him that you regret your sins. God knows your heart, and he knows that you are sorry. Just tell him how you feel and you will feel better.

• In general, blasphemy is forgivable. However, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is spurning His call to salvation for the entire course of your life. So, unless you are dead, you have not committed it yet.

we all have doubts about our faith at some stage in our lives , you have regretted what you have done , and that means to me you have reconciled with the lord , just keep up the prayer work , it is very important and solve a lot of problems

You've accepted Jesus Christ as your savior and you live for Him daily!? If yes, then you're fine.

Read the NT again, you'll find comfort in knowing that even (can't think of his name, I'll get back to you) wrote that at one point even He spoke against Our God, before he knew Him.

Don't stress about it. You have allowed God to change your heart, you are His.

**** the holy spirit. It hasn't done a thing for you, u were right to resist.

• Matthew3 years agoReport

At leqst try to accept him please.I don't want you to go to hell.Jesus suffered and died for us because he loves us.

There's nothing ignorant about being agnostic/atheist. In fact, it's quite the opposite.