Any interesting or good 'Boy and his dog' Style friendship movies?

Well basically what I'm looking for is some 'Boy and his dog' style movies. Not saying it has to be a boy and a dog but that kind of movie. A few examples I have are The Water Horse, How To Train You Dragon, Lilo and Stitch and Duma. I just feel in the mood to watch some of these kind of movies since they almost always have sweet endings(even if it doesn't just post it and don't ruin it for me by telling me it doesn't ;)). If anyone has any suggestions then please say them.

- Thanks, 0xsergy

Ack It doesnt have to be a boy, or even a guy. IDC just any movie of that type :D

Just one thing, I'd prefer if it weren't actually a dog. WAY too many movies about a boy and his dog, i was just using it as an example. Id kind of more prefer mythical creatures but something like Duma works well too since it's not a common pet. BTW I've still got to get around to watch A Boy and his Dog and yes that fits the criteria :D

Ah yes eragon, sorry to say but the movie sucked some horrible *insert profanity*. The book was great, along with the 2nd and 3rd but the movie *shudder*.

Favorite Answer

Shiloh, The Battle for Old Drum, Old Yeller, Where the Red fern Grows... Those aren't that great, very typical boy and dog movies lol!

Um there's Flicka, about a boy and his horse. Also National Velvet (girl and horse), Justin Morgan had a horse, Gus (comedy with a mule and Don Knotts), Man from Snowy River (very good Australian horse movie), The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit (comedy about jumping horses, with Dean Jones), Wild Hearts Can't be broken (touching story, from what I remember), and Hidalgo and Dreamer are both pretty good movies! Those are all horse related.

Have you seen The Water Horse? Not phenomenal, but pretty good, and I loved that it was about the Loc Nes Monster!

Andre is about a girl and a seal or sea lion or something. Babe is about farm animals. Iron Will, The Journey of Natty Gan, and White Fang are all movies involving wolves. I always liked Mighty Joe Young, about the giant gorilla!

It all depends on what style you like etc... Hope that helps though!

• Belle

Eragon

• Lesus

There's a movie called "A Boy And His Dog" but I don't think it's exactly what you're looking for.

You know, I realize this isn't a boy but rather a man, but I've always loved Turner & Hootch.

lassie