How do I get rid of the Automatic "Splits" on Checks in Quickbooks 2010 Premiere (Contractor) Edition?

When I download account data from my Bank, when I enter the transaction into the Register through the Online Banking Center, the transaction shows up with a "split" on the account line. So rather than going and entering in the information and just hitting record, I have to go into "Edit... show more When I download account data from my Bank, when I enter the transaction into the Register through the Online Banking Center, the transaction shows up with a "split" on the account line.

So rather than going and entering in the information and just hitting record, I have to go into "Edit Check" and Copy/Paste the proper Account Name from the 2nd line to the 1st line.

I've gone in and eliminated the Auto-Fill Account Data in the Vender List, but it keeps doing it to multiple vender accounts.

Can anyone tell me how to eliminate this annoyance?

It takes entering a transaction from 15 seconds to 30 seconds... And when I'm doing a whole month's worth of transactions, it becomes a problem.
1 answer 1