whats the best age to start a child motocrossing?

My eldest son has been racing motocross for just over 12 months (he is 11) and he really enjoys it . My young son is almost two and i would like to get him started early but I am not sure on how young to start him . Any ideas ???

Thanks x

• John R
    Favorite Answer

Here is a video of a 2 year old. I wish I would have started that young...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtcNHKUCccQ

Youtube thumbnail

I had a late start. I started riding at 13 and turned pro when I was 19. An accident ended my career, I still ride though, I just don't compete anymore...too old...lol

Marty Smith started riding at age 5 and became the first 125 national champ by 18.

A rule of thumb that I usually go by is when the kid can ride a bicycle without training wheels so obviously the age can vary from kid to kid but is a good general rule to go by.

• Scott

My son was on trainers when he was four, but only because he showed such a keen interest. Normally, I'd say six would be a good age.

i think you start him at 4 years old thats how old i was when i started and now i won 30 races out of 36

The youngest I have seen is 3 years old.

About 4 or 5.

If you want them to join # MotoGP then you need to have then winning by 4.