I received an email from Broadcast Music, Inc. telling me that I ordered some music.?

I received an email from Broadcast Music, Inc. telling me that I ordered some music. They said that I ordered $610.00 and that it would be charged to my credit card. But I did not. They said they would send me an invoice to my billing address. How did they get this information?

Favorite Answer

I also got this. I googled it and found this on the BMI website. http://www.bmi.com/about/entry/533331/

Source(s): BMI website.

I don't really have an answer for you because I just received an email from Broadcast Music,Inc. myself.

They said I had placed an order with them totaling $670.00USD and that would be charged to my credit card. They also said they would send me an invoice to my billing address.But I have never contacted this company. Fortunately for me the email went right into my Spam box .It's a wonder that

it got to me at all because it didn't even have my correct email address on it. So I'm going to take the advice of the others answering this question and just delete the email and then then watch my credit card statement very closely.(Just to make sure that charge doesn't show up.)

I received an email entitled "Your Order No 802567 - Broadcast Music, Inc." claiming to have charged me $310. This email is undoubtedly a virus and a scam

These emails are coming from Lima, Peru. Don't click on the link. Actually NEVER click on a link unless you're expecting it from someone you know. All these idiots need is your email address. They don't have your 'billing address'. If you'll notice how many others were sent the same email, these guys must really think that Americans are stupid. People who try to scam educated Americans should think about getting into another profession. Probably one that involves a shovel or a rake.

Source(s): I'm a freakin' genius.

Appaarently the only thing the scammers missed was getting your credit card number. Left alone, you probably would have put it down somewhere. You must have left a good trail of information at the many places you visited. To the scammers who buy lists of names and email addresses, that information is like gold. They can come up with just about everything except your password, and sometimes even that. Now that you've opened their first missive, they have your correct email address. NOW the spam starts. Just remember this: If you didn't order it, it's spam. If you don't want it, it's spam. And there is a trash can just made for spam. Use it.

Do any of you happen to be using the Sony Playstation Network or have people that are in your household? I just received the same type of SPAM email also. Never happened until this whole Playstation Network getting hacked mess. Maybe just a coincidence. I don't know.

The real tip off in my message was the number of e-mail addresses in the "To:" area.

It doesn't make sense that 20 folks all were charged the same amount.

I received the message at my Yahoo email address in my SPAM folder.

It is nice to see that Yahoo identified it as SPAM.

I received one today. The sender's email is: Broadcast Music, Inc. [aarni.jarvela@adamjeeinsurance.com]. So, BMI doesn't have their own email domain? Nice try.

I just got one too. It was for 240 USD. I was about to download the attachment when I noticed that the email addresses for which the mail was sent to contains that which are similar to mine. I was about to ask about it here but found this one, so now I guess it clears everything.

Gahhh, I hate spams.

• Mike

1. If you have never contacted this organisation then treat this message as any other spam and

ignore it.

DO NOT REPLY or click anything in the message.

2. How does any other spammer/scammer get addresses?

Facebook, Twitter, News Groups, multiple sddresses in "To", buying, signing up for ??? etc

DO NOT OPEN THE ATTACHMENT!

I received the same spam this morning for $430 and I called BMI. They said it is a known spam and to NOT open any attachment. They said to delete it and added "We never charge anyone that much for anything."