Looking to move to Boston, affordable places to live for a college graduate?

I'm looking to move to Boston within the next year. I have been there multiple times and know the surrounding areas and T pretty well. I'm about to graduate college and want to move up there within the next year.

I will be working full time and was wondering what are the most affordable and safe areas? Even in surrounding areas like Quincy would be good too.

Thanks!!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Boston is pretty expensive if your live in any descent area.

But if compare and choose by your criteria - reasonable priced within Greater Boston Area with T and good access to everywhere and safe would be: Arlington, Medford, Woburn, Waltham. As you see it is area north of Boston. Honestly - south is not the same in term of T and access and it is very mix (good areas and bad areas) with most bad areas in Boston located South. So if you dont know the area - staying north better bet.

Cambridge is pretty expensive BTW - most towns I mentioned right next to Cambridge anyway.

• 9 years ago

Check out Somerville, like the Porter Square area, right near Harvard Square and on the T

• 9 years ago

look for a place on the cambridge side of somerville. cool, tons of bars/restaurants, close to the T, and not sketchy. a little more money is cambridge but even better. brighton and allston is decent but way more cityish and trashy and more college-y. the burbs of waltham, watertown, newton are good too but a bit further from the city.

• 9 years ago

braintree, quincy, kenmore/fenway neighborhood in boston

Source(s): I live in Boston
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.