Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why isn't Obama's Certificate of Live Birth enough to prove that he was born in the US?

I'm having a discussion with a very conservative family about the nature of Obama's citizenship. Despite the numerous links I have found from various sources confirming his US Citizenship, they still claim that no one can be sure without having seen his long-form Birth Certificate. To my understanding, the Certificate of Live Birth carries just as much legal weight as the long-form birth certificate, so why does doubt remain? Donald Trump has unburied this controversy and I want to be sure of the facts.

Best Answer

Even he produced a "long-form birth certificate", it would immediately be pronounced a fraud by all these birthers. Nothing will satisfy them. But the real issue is why does he have to produce it in the first place? What previous president ever had to produce one? But Obama is black, and has a funny name, so they continue to demand it based on racism. Ask your conservative family if they believe in state's rights. (They will say yes). Then explain that all states keep records and have the right to decide, based on their records, who was born in their state. The state of Hawaii says Barack Obama was born in Hawaii. Case closed.

• Vince

The State of Hawaii can't find Obama's original birth certificate.

But the Governor of Hawaii knew Obama's parents and was there for Obama's birth in 1961.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1348916/Ha...

Investigation of the newspaper ads has shown that it was his grandparents address that placed the birth announcement. Yet his mom and father lived at a different address when they were in Hawaii. Why did the grandparents claim their address as his? little problem there.

If both his parents had been US citizens it probably wouldn't be an issue, however that's not the case and the age of his mother when giving birth to him also brings in to question the 5 year residency requirement of the parents of a presidential candidate.

The former Hawaii elections official who maintains there's no long-form birth certificate for Barack Obama in the Aloha State is now saying the president and his aides have been "caught fibbing" about Obama's background, and the "embarrassing" situation is making it difficult to fess up to the truth

• The Certificate of Live Birth is an official, legal document. Anyone who refuses to accept it implicitly accuses the state of Hawaii of conspiracy and fraud. Keep in mind that Obama was elected while Hawaii had a REPUBLICAN governor. Tell that to the conservatives.

I needed a passport and my certificate of live birth did not work. I had to contact the office of vital statistics to get the long form before I could accompany my military hubby overseas. So, if he is the president and commander in chief should he not be held to the same standards that he is holding military family members too? Or he just above the rest of us?

• Tai

For the same reason that people still believe in Christianity, Islam, and Judaism even though there is a plethora of scientific evidence to contradict its claims. The reason for both is that some people will believe what they want to believe despite all evidence to the contrary.

• Teekno

Certificates of Live Birth have always been adequate for white Presidents...

You might tell her that even Michelle Bachmann (who represents, as you may recall, all the raving lunatics who jump out and scare us in deserted parking lots) is now convinced that he is a U.S. citizen and has publicly stated it.

Some people refuse to accept the facts.

Without hand or footprints,he could be a complete phony,born anywhere.