Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

May 21st, 2011 Judgement day?

Okay i'm 14 and christian and I am VERY scared the other day I found out about this and my 9 year old sister and I cried for half the day, I heard this man named "Harold Camping" predicted it yet he predicted many other raptures that didn't happen, yet in the bible it says that no man knows of the coming day of the rapture, and yet i'm REALLY scared that something bad is going to happen, I'm not ready to go, idk whether i'm good or bad and I REALLY want a future and to grow up and accomplish goals and become a mom and have kids when I grow up i don't want to leave in less than a month! i'm so freaked and I need some clarification on this subject! is judgement day REALLY gonna happen on May 21st,2011 or did Camping just go against the bible and predicted it himself?

• Favorite Answer

First off, it's COMPETELY FALSE, May 22 will come, i PROMISE you, ... then may 23, and may 24 and may 25.... no question about it.

When i first heard the day, i just kind of laughed it off like "HAHA, REALLY, is ANYONE going to believe that?!"

But now it kind of has me angry that this idiot has gone around scaring little girls.

>:(

But don't worry, first off, the Bible speaks not about "the end of the world" but "the conclusion of this system of things" (of which the day and the hour nobody knows)

I'll edit some scriptures on for you in a sec.

1 Chron 16:33

Be in severe pains on account of him, all [YOU people of] the earth!

Also the productive land is firmly established:

Never will it be made to totter.

Psalms 93:1

Jehovah himself has become king!

With eminence he is clothed;

Jehovah is clothed—with strength he has girded himself.

The productive land also becomes firmly established so that it cannot be made to totter.

Psalms 98:10

Say among the nations: “Jehovah himself has become king.

He will plead the cause of the peoples in uprightness.”

Isaiah 45:18

For this is what Jehovah has said, the Creator of the heavens, He the [true] God, the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited: “I am Jehovah, and there is no one else.

Psalm 37:29

The righteous themselves will possess the earth,

And they will reside forever upon it

--------

--------

But about the conclusion of this system of things, Jesus said

Mat 24:36

“Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.

He did give us things to look for that would show that we're "in the season" (so to speak)

You can find these things at Mat 24 and 1 Tim 3:1-5

The world will not come to an end in 2011/12, The bible teaches that that this sort of thing will happen in the end times as seen here.

MATTHEW 24:6-8

6 YOU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet.

7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.

LUKE 21:10-11

10 Then he went on to say to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; 11 and there will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another pestilences and food shortages; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs.

So as you can see from what The Bible teaches us we are indeed in the last days or the time of the end. As for when the end will actually come no body knows, we know this because The Bible has this to say on the matter.

MATTHEW 24:36

36 “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.

So as you can see no man knows or can put a date to the end other than Jehovah.

Source(s): Religious Education & The Bible. AAA.

The bible really doesn't say anything about a "rapture," it talks about an end, and the devil ruling, and some three headed beast getting thrown into a bottomless pit. Here in a few years you'll learn there is no santa clause. The only thing that is going to cause the world to end, is our down right irresponsibility to the earth, or a shift in poles causing a massive climate change.

Have a happy (pagan fertility) easter....and don't let mythical fear rule your life.

Young Christian,

If you've been reading the word lately, primarly the New Testament, then you should know that only the Father (our Creator) knows the end. No humans know the end. Why should you or even the world believe that the world is going to end on May 21st, 2011? To educate you this date was created by the same group who came up with the Y2K scare.

Goodbye.

When I was 14 I was convinced by my preacher that the rapture was happening within a few years. I was terrified. I am 51 now.

People have been predicting the "end of the world" for thousands of years. They have all been wrong. Why should this individual be any different?

Here is a long list of other dates predicted, past and future, along with who predicted it, etc. http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm

~Ex-Christian; agnostic atheist

• Rai A

You're about to have your first of many life experiences.

Living through an "end world" predictions. I've lost count of how many I've seen since the first I was aware of when I was 14.

Don't be scared. The Sun will raise May 22.

Personally I'd like to see anyone predicting "end world" to be charged with fraud and what is the local equilibrate to "deliberately causing fear"

Seen to many people making bad decisions because they believed in them. Some lost their savings, others their jobs/homes some even their lives.

Source(s): Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Well, tell your sister that Camping (considered a crackpot amongst his peers) has been wrong about a dozen times in the past 60 years or so regarding the Rapture/Armageddon. So, I expect he's wrong this time also.

Camping preys on innocent, ignorant minds.

Don't worry about it, just live every day the best you can. Again, Camping is a crackpot.

In my 61 years of life there's been over 21 predictions that failed.

May 21 is just another one. Besides on May 22, I would be 62 so the world definitely WOULD NOT END.

And also this answer is number 21 so I am right!!!!!

' yet he predicted many other raptures that didn't happen, yet in the bible it says that no man knows of the coming day of the rapture'

so why would you be scared?

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come." (NIV, Mark 13:32-33)