How do I deal with my family who claim they completely understand my hearing loss?

I appreciate the fact that they were supportive and gave some of their time to look after me. But it annoys me when they like to think that they understand my hearing loss and the implications it has on my day to day life. I basically have a 90% loss of hearing. For example, my parents question my need to... show more I appreciate the fact that they were supportive and gave some of their time to look after me.

But it annoys me when they like to think that they understand my hearing loss and the implications it has on my day to day life. I basically have a 90% loss of hearing.

For example, my parents question my need to have subtitles when I'm watching TV. They say if only I watch TV without subtitles, it would reduce my need for it. I explained to them why, they didn't listen.

My cousin and I are basically the odd ones out of our whole family. He has severe autism and behind his back he is labeled by other relatives as the "crazy" one. I wonder what they call me since they treat me like an idiot. One of them even asked me if I was 'still' deaf.

My sister and my mother gets irritated when I ask them to repeat their words. I get so frustrated; it's not like I like having to ask them to repeat what they're saying continually.

When they say they understand.. They don't. If you don't have a hearing loss you don't understand the way it cuts you off from people.

How do I deal with them? Am I to be patient? They don't listen to what I say because I'm 'young' which automatically means I have little say. (I'm 16).

By the way, I'm the only person with a hearing loss in my whole family. I wear hearing aids.