Who are the top five lyricists to emerge in the last 10-15 years?

Dylan, Cohen, etc. are still active, but everybody knows how good they are. What about some relatively newer artists? Post a list of five lyricists currently in their prime that you would recommend. I'll start it off: 1. Will Scheff (Okkervil River)- How is this band not the biggest on the planet? Just take... show more Dylan, Cohen, etc. are still active, but everybody knows how good they are. What about some relatively newer artists? Post a list of five lyricists currently in their prime that you would recommend. I'll start it off:

1. Will Scheff (Okkervil River)- How is this band not the biggest on the planet? Just take one listen to 'The War Criminal Rises and Speaks'.

2. Joanna Newsom- Her voice may not be for everyone, but it is for me. It's hard to think of a more talented musician and songwriter.

3. Phil Elverum (The Microphones, Mount Eerie)- I don't care what he calls himself, Phil has created a world of his own and I want in.

4. John Darnielle (The Mountain Goats)- The most prolific songwriter I know of and his songs are all top-notch.

5. Sam Beam (Iron & Wine)- The Flannery O'Connor of songwriting.

Jeff Mangum (Neutral Milk Hotel) is the best lyricist and songwriter of my lifetime, but hasn't recorded new material in over a decade. A chance to see him play live again not once but twice this coming fall is something I thought I'd never to do. New songs is almost asking too much.