How long do bearded dragons live for?

I was just wondering how long Central Bearded Dragons live for, because I've heard people say that they live for 5 years, 10+ years and even a man at the Easter Show who was displaying some reptiles and other bearded dragons said that they live for 70 years. I am not sure which is the correct life span. My beardie is well taken care of and is around 1 year old (give or take a few months).

Favorite Answer

between 8-12 years if you look after it correctly

There life span is 5 to 10 years in captivity but in the wild they are know to live up to 12 years.

• amber

Zara Julia a bearded dragon is NOT a snake so why answer. Usually about 8-12 years, depending on the quality of care given and the individual lizard of course, but that's the average anyway.

• Panda

They have a life expectancy from between 5 and 10 years.

7-10

Average is about 7-8 years. I don't know where somebody heard that they live 70.. that is 100% incorrect. 10-12 years will probably be the max.

They live 7-10 years it says that on petsmart and alot of other sites

Source(s): Petsmart
  • Kyle

I would say like 13 years max but they can live longer if given great care

Source(s): owner of bearded dragon and lots of research

Mine lived between 12 - 13 years...died today :(

i'd say 10 -25 years.i know that most snakes live up to 25 years.dont know for shure on lizards though.