Pippa asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 9 years ago

After using the toilet, does ANYONE put the LID down?

Myself and my boyfriend are arguing over whether it's the lid or the seat that men

Are supposed to leave down as he is forever closing it. Does anyone else have this issue?

Best Answer

It's the seat, some toilets don't even have lids, however if you have a dog that likes to drink from the toilet bowl...

I have a house full of cats (five in all) and do not want them bellying up to the Toilet Bowl Happy Hour, so I always close the lid. However even before I had any cats, I always kept the lid closed. It just looks better and neater, plus you don't have to worry about dropping something into the bowl by accident.

I sympathize. I grew up in a house with four older brothers and a father who NEVER put the seat down, let alone the lid. LOL

I personally always put both the seat and the lid down. Most women like the seat down for convenience, men like it up for the same reason. I even saw a device that can be attached to the seat that males can stand on like one of those rubbish bins with a pedal flip lid.

It's really just a personal choice thing, but I'm pretty sure guys don't really like the idea of sitting down to pee ;)

Cheers from NZ

• Nancy

I have two cats who would play in the toilet if I didn't put the lid down.

Men leave the seat up. They are supposed to put it down.

• Oliver

No, because I live in an all male house and if I put the seat down (I assume you mean seat, not lid) someone will pee on it because for some reason men can't be bothered to lift the seat before they go.

Guys are only exxpected to put the seat down, not the lid.

Im a girl and I never put the lid down. No one in my family does.

i never mess with the seat, but I do put the lid down when flushing because I assume a few drops might spray out.

I leave the lid up.

But the seat hell yeah I put it down I live with all females if I don't it's WW3.

just put the lid down all the time afterwards, problem solved, have a sticky note to remind u guys if u must.

No and yes

Some ppl do

some ppl dont

it doesnt matter

now stop waisting time on yahoo answers and go kiss your boyfriend