Does anyone know the title of this movie?

I saw this movie years ago (about 2004 I think) and I only vaguely remember bits and pieces of it but here is what I do remember:

I think it is set in some kind of scientific lab (but I'm only like 50% sure) and this male scientist is working on some kind of experiment that involves strange eggs from an unknown creature. I think the eggs end up hatching or something and the man turns into one of the creatures (maybe) and a female scientist (who I believe was the male scientists friend) ends up having to fight it (I don't remember why). The only thing I'm completely sure about is that she sets fire to the creature and hides herself in some kind of metal tank of water and waits for help to arrive (which is the ending). I also think it occurs at night and she wasn't supposed to be at the lab but for some reason she was. I want to say that this movie was probably made between 2000 and 2004 (not sure why.. just a hunch I guess) but maybe it was made earlier (I know.. not very helpful).

So, it sounds silly but this is all I remember. If anyone can help me with a title I would be ecstatic. Thank you ahead of time.

Favorite Answer

The Relic (1997)? It stars Penelope Ann Miller, Tom Sizemore and Linda Hunt

IMDb synopsis:

A researcher at Chicago's Natural History Museum returns from South America with some crates containing his findings. When the crates arrive at the museum without the owner there appears to be very little inside. However, police discover gruesome murders on the cargo ship that brought the crates to the US and then another murder in the museum itself. Investigating the murders is Lt. Vincent D'Agosta who enlists the help of Dr. Margo Green at the museum - she has taken an interest in the contents of her colleague's crates. Unknown to both there is a large creature roaming the museum which is gearing itself up for a benefit reception which the city's mayor is to attend.

If I remember right, Miller (Dr. Green) hides herself in a large mummy's tomb or a box of some sort as protection against a fire and/or flood.

EDIT: Ahh, it says here that it's a "maceration tank": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Relic_(film)

• ?

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that's "Gone With the Wind" no?

Source(s): I have no source whatsoever

splice???