Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 9 years ago

25 gallon tropical fish tank 55 fish?

I have created a beautifull home for my 55 tropical fish, they live in a 25 gallon tank I was wondering if another 8 more neon tetras would discomfort them, I have the following fish:

8 neon tertas

11 penguin tetras

2 scissor tales

7 zebra danios

2 mollies

3 african dwarf frogs

2 weather loach

10 platties

2 guromies

1 bumble bee catfish

1 pleco

4 mountain minous

6 guppies

What are your thoughts on 8 more neon tetras because they are not schooling

Favorite Answer

My suggestion is you are grossly over stocked and need to remove some of those fish not add more to them ,

That is very overstocked and poorly stocked. I would explain why but instead I'll put it in short. Get rid of:

Pleco (too big)

Mollies (brackish

African Dwarf Frogs (food competition)

5-6 of the Platies (too many)

1 of the Gouramis (too many or not enough depending on species)

The Catfish

The Minnows (Coldwater)

The Scissor tails (not enough)

The Guppies (already have Platies)

Get rid of all Tetras but the Neons.

Once you do that, you could probably add the other 8 Neons but as of now, that is devastatingly overstocked.

You are very overstocked. You should not add more fish. I am really suprised that you've been able to keep that many. The general rule is one inch of fish per gallon, so you should only have about 25 inches of fish; and, you have at least twice this amount. I think you should look into a bigger tank. You can find them cheap on cragslist and some local pet stores have used ones for less.

You are only supposed to have 1 fish per gallon so in your case 25 fish. but the frogs are fine because they stay on the bottom of tank and eat algae so you can have 25 fish plus your frogs

You have 20 to many fish. I have a 25 gallon tank also (for my tropicals) and I have only 20 fish in because my husband (he works at an aquarium and pet store) says each fish needs a gallon, so you should only have 20-25 fish in there. They are over-crowded and probably stressed so they won't school.

I think you should takes out some fish or get a bigger tank fish need their space too.

You are way overstalked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get rid of 45 fish.

• JM

GET A LIFE!