How to remove a lot of viruses on acer laptop?

No matter what i tried in the past my laptop couldn't remove the viruses. Some how i have gotten a bunch of email viruses (worm Trojan). I also have gotten a facebook virus because it says Internet explorer can not open website. Operation aborted. Yesterday i kept getting a redirecting notice about what web... show more No matter what i tried in the past my laptop couldn't remove the viruses. Some how i have gotten a bunch of email viruses (worm Trojan). I also have gotten a facebook virus because it says Internet explorer can not open website. Operation aborted. Yesterday i kept getting a redirecting notice about what web pages i enter. How do i fix this? i can't go to the geek squad because i am working all week but i need my laptop.

What are the best anti virus programs for free as well as an internet security that is trustworthy and free. Also what is a good scanner? Thank you so much guys> Is there a way to make sure these viruses never come back? Also what Internet browser should i use that is friendly for my computer?

I have an acer laptop with norton and mcafree protection. Clearly that did nothing to protect my pc

Shannon