Do you love or hate Tyler Perry's Madea movies?

Favorite Answer

You have Tyler Perry, one of the few AAs who has the power to make his own movies, and what does choose to show us ?......black people speaking ebonics, doing comedy, and generally acting like fools. Madea is not representative of black women of that age and generation. My grandmother was from the south and called modea (short for mother dear) and her and women of her time, had a lot more dignity & class and composure than Perry's character. They couldn't have survived otherwise. I know it's comedy, but why couldn't he make movies that show blacks with a little more class and education. It's just the same S&#% over and over again.

I must agree with Raven.Also,there is a woman in a group I go to who,when she gets to show a movie,ALWAYS shows Madea! And the ones she shows the most CAN'T be classified as Movies,but rather,STAGE PLAYS on DVD's!

I used to like them, but most of his movies are cliche.

Last film that I watched and liked by Tyler was Meet the Browns. I stopped after Why Did I get Married.

I'm happy for his success, but I don't care for his movies like that. Until he comes out with something different, and not the typical stereotypical film, then I'll definently check it out.

...I love them... but when he decided to direct Precious that's when he lost me... I said after that movie I was done with Tyler Perry but I ended up going to see the movie that came out next and then the next one and then the next one.... Just like I'm going to see the new one soon. Lol :( I have an addiction.

• Reggie

can't stand them,but can't really hate on him too much though,if i could get millions for doing the same movie over and over i'd do it too

i have never seen his movies but they look pretty funny. i might have to rent one.

No, I do not..