different options for health insurance?
what different options does one have for health insurance between the time they leave ( NOT terminated from ) their old job and finding a new one?
- ZarnevLv 710 years agoFavorite Answer
1. If their policies is qualified, they can go on COBRA, which is a continuation of their plan at their old employer. Rules and regulations vary by state.
2. If they don't have any major health concerns they can get short term medical policies from a number of different companies. Companies vary by state.
3. If it's going to be a long time they can get individual insurance, of which there are hundreds of plans from the 1300 health insurance companies in the U.S.
4. If they have major health conditions they can get high risk insurance which is available from each state.
5. If they are low income they can get welfare.Source(s): Independent Agent