What to wear for Sci-Fi day at school...?

Monday is Sci-Fi Day at school and my friend and I have limited time and resources, any ideas on what and how to dress?

Favorite Answer

Male ideas:

This should be super easy. Go as Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Terminator! Show up naked, glare at the first person you see from your school, and demand, "Your clothes. Give them to me." After which, YOU will have a brand new costume and THEY will be The Terminator...

No? How about this: rig up a little alien that pops out of your chest. That way it doesn't matter what you wear. Shouldn't be too hard to rig up something like a sock puppet on a spring that you can release by pulling a slipknot loose, just leave your shirt unbuttoned at the right spot.

Do you have a grey suit? Pencil on a thin moustache, put some flour in your hair for a grey effect, and go as President Skroob from Spaceballs.

Corbin Dallas from The Fifth Element shouldn't be too hard, either.

-----------------------------------

Female ideas: These are harder, because women aren't as well represented in Sci fi, and most of the ones that are there wear difficult costumes.

Ripley from the Aliens. Dark jeans and a olive-green sleeveless undershirt, easy. A huge rifle wouldn't hurt. Whichever of you is smaller and/or blonder can go with a dirty face, messy hair and a doll's decapitated head and be Newt.

Inara and Kayli from Firefly shouldn't be too hard.

Leelu form The Fifth Element shouldn't be that hard, either.

--------------------------------

Either one:

Make robot suits out of cardboard boxes and tinfoil.

If you have black clothes (leather especially) and black hair, just use pale makeup and be Thermians from Galaxy Quest.

Go as yourselves from an alternate universe. No effort required at all.

Make tinfoil hats and tell people it's so that any real aliens who've sneaked into your school that day can't read you mind. If they ask who you are, just say, "I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you."

Don't show up at all, and the next day ask everyone how they liked your Invisible Man costume.

• mel

Sci Fi Dress Up

• Teresa

Actually, a lot of sc fi stuff has people dressed normal. You could look around online at sc fi movies or shows and find someone you think you look and could dress like.

You could dress up as someone from star trek. The easiest costume ever just a tight shirt blue or red and pants and have the star trek logo on the shirt (you could make one or sew one on) and put some elf ears on (like spoke or just dress up as william shatners character). Sorry I really don't know the names very well. Wasn't a trekkie but my mother was. Just an idea on my part.

• Kai

Vulcan. Or a TOS Klingon. Seriously. Everyone else will be Star Wars. Go for something not as likely, or be totally original and make up an alien or cyborg or something.

Go to an arts and crafts store and get everything you need to be able to dress as a Tricorder. At least you'll have the most original costume!

Black suit, white shirt black tie, sunglasses and silver ink pen. You and your friend can be the Men in Black.

Download the song and learn the moves from the video. You will be a sensation.

everyone will be wearing darth vader... trust me, you could be creative. there are tutorials on how to make a master chief costume out off cardboard online

jedi robe!!!!!

if you have a dressing gown with a hood just die it brown, lmao

good luck.

pain your face green.

and talk gibberish all day.

trust me, its fun.

Source(s): experience. yeah, seriously.