Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Atheists: What will you response if you met a Christian/Muslim who want to convert you to Christianity/Islam?

What will you response to them

Would there be a chance that you will convert to Christianity/Islam or not

Why or why not

thank you

Favorite Answer

I don't normally try to convert unbelievers, the desire must come from them, or else it will never be a true conversion.

Shalom

"if you met"?

I meet retards like that CONSTANTLY...

I respond to their flawed logic and emotional knee-jerk reactionary "Evidence" with:

1. OK... Why should I believe in your god over the 30,000+ gods, goddesses, and other forms of major and minor deities worshiped by mankind in the last 40,000+ years?

2A. You are aware that there is absolutely no evidence that Jesus was a real, flesh and blood person and a LOT of evidence that the whole Jesus story was plagiarized from a number of earlier cultures. There is also evidence that there were a dozen or so men that were called "The Messiah of the Jews" that were said to do the same feats of magic as "Jesus" and were the son of god and were martyred for our sins, yet they didn't make the Religion Cut. Why do you worship Jesus over Simon?

2B. You are aware that Muhammad was a pedophile/rapist that molested 9 year old girls and had sexual relations with young boys and that he suffered from epilepsy and hallucinations and was a war mongering terrorist. Of course you are aware of this, you read the Quran and the Hadiths... Why should I take ANYTHING this madman said seriously? A madman that was not murdered by some Jewish Slave Woman but evidence shows that he was murdered by his own daughter. (It is OK that Muhammad and Muslim Men to this day can have sex with boys because they found a "Loophole" that says that as long as it is "Just Sex" and "Not Love", it isn't gay... Since gays are brutally murdered or imprisoned.)

3. We know that the Bible and Quran have been plagiarized from many other cultures. We know that there are DOZENS of "Accepted Versions" of the Bible and that there have been 60+ some odd texts that were "Edited Out". We know that different sects of Islam and Christianity have slaughtered one another all across the last 2000 years... How is it that the "Word of God" can be edited? How is it that "The Word of God" can split into different sects and those heretics haven't been smited by your god?

4. What do you have to say about the FMRI and genetic evidence that Theism and Belief in Magic are the result of flawed genetics and brain damage that is molded by the family and culture in which the person is born into?? What do you have to say about the scientific, peer reviewed evidence that Theism is a form of mental illness?

By now, they have made excuses and wandered off... I have yet to meet ANY theist that can accept the "Atheist Challenge".

My response would be to ask them for justification for their beliefs; i.e. proper evidence. If they were civil, I would be civil.

And no, there would be no chance of them converting me to Christianity or Islam because all they could do is convince me, theoretically, of the the existence of God. However, even if Christianity and/or Islam are true, I wouldn't be a Christian or Muslim because I find the tenets to be things I don't find appealing. For example, Christians believe that God is good and just for having Jesus slaughtered in order to appease his idea of justice, so why would I worship that?

They don't stand a chance.

Not saying that I couldn't be convinced by evidence if there was any, but I used to be a very devout christian and I've heard every line that they have in their little evangelist books, and I turned my back on all that when I found something that made more sense.

If they could come up with something original, maybe they have a chance, but unfortunately their source text is 2000 years old and will never change. So they're out of luck.

Well if you're of Jewish faith, could you be converted to Christianity/Islam just because someone would want to convert you?

Not likely.

Atheists, just like anyone that has a name for what they stand for, already have their own set of beliefs and have no plans to be convinced otherwise.

Not believing in a God doesn't mean they are waiting for someone to convert them or persuade them to do the opposite of what they stand for.

I'd listen to what they had to say, ask questions about what they've said to me, and answer any questions they had for me. In other words, we'd have a conversation.

I suppose that there is a chance that I would convert, but since I've already given consideration to both of those religions, I don't think it's likely that they would have new information for me, which would make those chances pretty low.

Sorry, not for me thanks.

There would be zero chance that I would convert.

Why?

Well when you know the myths, the history and the facts about those religions, you aren`t suddenly going to start throwing everything that you know out of the window and start subscribing to the falsities, the inanities, the fairytales and the fantasies and then willingly accept their control over you, are you?

I would completely blow them off...if they persisted and became annoying about it, I would probably enter the debate and show them how silly their beliefs are (this would be for sport, fully knowing that I would likely be unsuccessful in any attempt to convert them).

If they continued to persist after I grew tired of toying with them, I would file a restraining order.

• I find it highly unlikely. I was raised predominantly Christian, with Islamic influences my entire life. My stepfather was Muslim. Neither of them I enjoyed. But it does open ones eyes to the World.

I don't know what I'd do if a Muslim tried, but if a Christian tried, I'd do what I always do. Slate down their religion with logic, until the get angry at me and refuse to speak to me anymore.

• L

Well...Muslims and Jews don't go around forcing there gospels down your throat.

That's all Christians, Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons.