Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 9 years ago

Cz or white sapphire engagement ring?

I want an affordable ring. Diamonds aren't that important to me. Clarity is though.

What looks more clear? CZ or white sapphire?

Favorite Answer

If I had to buy a CZ I would buy it from http://www.Ashadiamonds.com or http://www.betterthandiamond.com

Good Luck!

Go with white sapphire, which could be natural (was mined from the earth), or synthetic (is still a real sapphire, but was grown in a lab). CZ isn't good for a ring you will wear everyday. It scratches and chips very easily because of how soft it is, plus lower quality cz can discolor to a unpleasant yellow-ish shade after years of wear (not all cz will discolor, but some will). Sapphire is the next hardest commercially available stone next to diamond. It will last you a lifetime, and while it will pick up some knicks over years of wear, a sapphire can always be re-polished 20 years down the road and look good as new, a cz will have been long gone. Nothing that isn't a diamond will ever look like a diamond, because every gem material has different properties and ways it reacts with light (which is why they "sparkle". But a white sapphire has a beautiful look of it's own (they don't cut natural sapphires the same way as a diamond, but they do cut synthetic sapphires with a brilliant cut sometimes). If a natural one is in your budget (they actually aren't very expensive at all, because blue, pink and yellow are "desirable" colors in sapphire, while white is often overlooked, therefore has a lower price tag due to lower demand), then go fo that. The mix-cut they use on them (assuming your looking at a round) gives them a beautiful, almost vintage look.

Source(s): I work in a jewelry store Edit: in regards to what the lady above says, if you wear your ring and put on lotion, wash your hair, wash the dishes, work in the garden ect... it will get dirty, doesn't matter what stone is in it. Windex (not dish soap or anything else, which will leave residue) and a soft toothbrush does a great job for at home cleaning, without doing any damage. You should also take it in every 6 months to have it checked and professionally cleaned at the jeweler you bough it from.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Cz or white sapphire engagement ring?

Source(s): cz white sapphire engagement ring: https://biturl.im/BDrgU

I think a white sapphire will last over the course of time. Just have jewelry cleaner handy to keep the stone nice and clean. From what I understand, CZ stones do not always kept their shine. Besides, a white sapphire is real and a CZ is man made.

I would go with sapphire because that's an actual gemstone, whereas CZ is like plastic. CZ has no lasting value, but a sapphire does so it can be an heirloom in your family and passed down.

I really like CZ and heard from my jeweler that with white sapphire, you have to get it cleaned almost every day b/c it dulls very easily unlike a diamond. CZ is more similar to a diamond in that it will still sparkle after a few hand washes, but still needs to be cleaned even more often than a diamond ring. I wanted a CZ ring for my wedding band, but none of the jewelers around here sell them b/c they can't sell certified diamonds if they also wanted to sell CZ. So, I may have to order it online. That's ok.

• White sapphires are almost as hard & durable as diamonds...get one cut just right and the sparkle will be wonderful to the eyes...

CZs may have more bling BUT even the best ones tend to 'rainbow' or reflect colors NOT seen in true diamonds-a dead give away that it's NOT a diamond.

I would look at both up close and personal before deciding.

White Sapphire for sure! I love them I think they are so beautiful, I have white sapphire earrings. CZ on the other hand, I am not too sure. I heard it gets cloudy over time. Have you considered moissanite or other lab created diamonds? They are also so pretty.

• Kristy

A CZ will cloud over time. I would go with the sapphire if you really don't want a diamond.

Good luck!

Go with the white sapphire. The CZ was manufactured and will cloud with time, how fast depends upon the quality. The white sapphire is a "true" stone and will maintain its original appearance

• Jenx

CZ will cloud over time, go for the white sapphire instead.