Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Why does everything cost .99 or $1.99?

I don't think people are THAT stupid, I've never met anyone that said when something is 1.99, didn't just call it $2, never do they say $1 or $1.99. It's just annoying, why can't everyone just go even on the dollar and include tax in that, make life easier.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The practice is called "Psychological pricing."

"Psychological pricing or price ending is a marketing practice based on the theory that certain prices have a psychological impact. The retail prices are often expressed as "odd prices": a little less than a round number, e.g. $19.99 or £2.98. The theory is this drives demand greater than would be expected if consumers were perfectly rational." from Wikipedia

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Proof of purchase. If everything was simple e.g. 2.00 people would give the money and go. no-one actually gives .99 . A purchase has to be registered for the till to open. (and give the change from 2.00 for a 1.99 item)

• 4 years ago

Thank the VAT. fairly the version is taxes. As became reported, it fairly is to pay on your "greater effective public centers". there's a protection internet interior the U. S., yet it somewhat is all it somewhat is, a protection internet no longer a nanny state. do no longer difficulty, we are getting there speedier the we understand, then you definately would be paying an analogous extreme expenditures right here too. i'm hoping you have an staggering stay interior the States! you're staggering, it somewhat is an incredible place. i like it in spite of it fairly is issues.

• 1 decade ago

There is the 89 cent 5 layer borito at taco bell

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

because its an epic feeling to get a penny in change back. You should try it. It might help with that depression thing you got going on and the pessimism.

Source(s): shiny pennies are objects of optimism
  • matt r
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

wish gas was $1.99

• 1 decade ago

They stared that crap yrs ago, they thought it sounded cheaper it is stupid.

• Diana
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

You're not including gas prices, are you?

• 1 decade ago

My dad blames it on the Jews

• 1 decade ago

Would you rather pay more?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.