parents please help me (women)?!?

My 3 year old daughter always picks her vagina where ever we are and am getting really embarrassed of that when she does it in-front of people..i want u 2 help in finding a treatment and a reason of what she's doing..i discussed the issue with my husband but he always says that its normal .but i have a strong feeling that she will have a problem at this area soon! please help.

Favorite Answer

You husband is right.It is nothing to be upset and embarrassed.You will just try to cover her and tell her not to do.But don't misunderstand me like any annoying person do.Being normal does not mean that you don't have to do anything.You should take her to a specialist.

It could be because her hygiene isn't quite up to par. Perhaps switching to those disposable bathroom wipes would help...little ones aren't so good at being thorough in the bathroom, and it's possible that she's itchy because of that. Daily baths and a dab of diaper cream can help too.

It could also be that her undies or pants are too small and she's trying to get comfy. Next time she does it, you could ask her why she does it. Maybe she'll have an answer for you.

And because she's 3 it could just be a habit. Sometimes little kids just do stuff like that. I doubt that she needs treatment or therapy or something. Just make sure she's clean and her clothes fit. If she still does it, then it's a habit. When she does it, get down to her level and calmly remind her that it's not polite to do that in front of others. She'll learn.

all the above it could be normal exploration of the body. or it could be irriated some how. either like others said by the clothing could be tight, your not getting it clean enough maybe she has an internal infection i know young but maybe she has cyst or something bugging her.

i agree with the other answer ask her. see what she says.

if she says it's fun say okay and mark that off as normal.

if she says it hurts or itches get it checked out!

My little sister used to do it... Maybe she has some kind of irritation, or you're not getting her clean enough when you wipe her.

It's definitely something I'd talk to a doctor about, though.

EDIT: I thought of something else... Try using milder detergent in her laundry [Dreft], and milder soaps in her baths. Some of those baby washes are loaded with so much fragrance [alcohol], it could also be irritating her there, too.

Good Luck.

Whoa! She is masturbating from a very young age!!11!!!1!!

you need to consult your doc and he could suggest a child shrink, your husband is wrong, get expert help fast.