Mum makes me feel like i should cut deeper cause my cuts aren't bad enough?

The last time i told my mum i self harmed was when they weren't that deep, i told i stopped when i didn't! But now a year later im still cutting and the cuts are longer and there are more and they are slightly deeper. But she works with a girl at her school who self harms and she always says that her cuts are worse than mine cause shes taking her arms off! But i either cut on my stomach or my inner thighs and i just wanna just deeper and more cause i feel that mine aren't bad enough cause my mum work with people who's are worse and i should start cutting deeper and deeper even if i am ashamed of every cut....

Best Answer

You need/deserve professional help and support. Your mom sounds like she doesn't know how to help you and she may believe if she makes little of it that you will stop, or that you are doing this for 'attention'. Many people have misunderstandings about a lot of things.

You DO need attention about all of this.

Cutting sometimes starts out as a copy cat thing, but it is always about covering over painful feelings and thoughts and then one can become addicted to the hormones released while cutting.

You have to accept that you know more about yourself and feelings and why you cut, than your mom. Then you need to bring the right help into your life.

You can then let your help (even your doctor) talk to your mom and you both get the help you deserve.

You can not do this alone, it sounds, unless you can just stop and not do it ever again, knowing it is unhealthy and bad for you.

Here are some resources for you about cutting and you can decide how you are going to go about healing,

support groups at dailystrength.org a site run by doctors and at least two selfinjury groups there

1-331-442-4863 a text number to help cutters /self injury

18003668288 and 18887576237 are hot lines for cutters/self injury

therpists eftmastersworldwide.com

selfinjury.com self-injury.net twloha.com cutthemovie.com (your mom should watch this , also)

That should get you headed in the right direction and people will know other resources to help you.

Of course you should not cut deeper.

You are misinterpreting your mom's ignorance as something to mean she wants you harm. I would bet that she doesn't see it this way, may think her 'reverse' psychology and making light of it is the way to handle this, and it can't be dealt with that way.

That doesn't mean SHE wants you to cut deeper, that is coming from your own misinterpretation and unloved feelings., and since you interpret it the way you do, you feel worse, and like you want to harm yourself.

You need the right help. Get it today. NOW>

Source(s): x citing sources

Sweetie, the first thing you need to do is stop comparing yourself to other people. I think your Mum is, albeit a very bad way, trying to show you that there are people out there who are worse than you. She doesn't know you still cut. If you don't show her or tell her, how could she?

So that is step 2. If you can't bring yourself to say the words to her, write it down. Show her this question. Email her a link to it. If she works with cutters, she'll understand what a big step it is in even admitting you do this.

Step 3 is the worst sadly. You need to look at why you cut. You sound like you are very depressed and if you could work out why you feel this way and get some help with it, things would get better.

It's very easy to say just don't cut, or stop now. Not so easy when you're in the middle of it. Learning why you cut is the best source of power to change your behaviour. I used to scratch myself raw. Learning that I was doing it to make myself ugly so people wouldn't touch me was how I stopped.

Ya I hate that! Y do they think that just because your cuts aren't deep that your pain isn't real or enough?! U r obviously in alot of pain and you should probably get help or talk 2 someone... I also cut myself and I'm trying to get over it. Don't cut any deeper because you dnt want 2 hit a vein or anything. Good luck with everything:) it'll be ok

Source(s): Experiance

Your probly lieing but if your not get some anti depressants like I did. I still want to cut but I don't. You do know that you can end up in a mental institution for ccutting right? I almost did. Now I'm wached very closely and if they find iv cut just one little scratch I'm going. Please stop if your really cutting.. Your about to ruin the rest of your life. Tell a school counselor or a good friend that would help you stop.

Source(s): Personal experience

Dont cut your self

Simple

Call a help line or see you doctor

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem

Simle and the world will always simle with you <3

Dont cut your self it causes scars

Oh, that's horrible! don't cut yourself!!

any cut is too deep. please talk to someone besides your mother and get some counseling.

Please, please stop cutting.

Your mom should NOT encourage cutting, at all.

Please, talk to someone.

What comes out of cutting..

Nothing.

That's how I stopped cutting.

Source(s): Former cutter