Anonymous

Can i get into these colleges?

HI im a junior in high school. I am asking others opinions if they think i can get into these colleges. I will probably end high school with a GPA probably 2.3-2.5. I got a 1450 on my sat but only took it once to far. 450 on reading 530 on math 470 on writing. Ive been in plenty of clubs and play plenty of sports. I go to a top 5 public school in New Jersey.

The following colleges are:

University of North Texas

Old Dominion University

Montclair State University

Virginial Commonwealth University

Arizona State University

Temple University

University of Missouri

Florida Atlantic University

............

I know it's a lot of schools and im forgetting a few but i dont plan to apply to all these schools.

So please no bullshit answers just your opinion.

• eri
    Best Answer

Generally a GPA under 2.5 means community college. I know for a fact your GPA and SAT scores are too low for ASU; they have strict cut-offs.

Applicants must also meet at least one of the following:

Top 25% in high school graduating class

3.0 GPA in competency courses (4.0 = A)

ACT 22 (24 nonresidents)*

SAT Reasoning 1040 (1110 nonresidents)*

*ASU does not require the writing portion of these tests.

I don't know about the other colleges, but work hard your senior year and I promise you have a lot more options than you think you do. ASU does not look at the writing portion of the test. We have a LOT of people here at ASU from Jersey, one of my best friends here is from Jersey. ASU has around a 95% acceptance rate. We get a lot of crap for that, but just because it's easy to get into doesn't mean it's easy once your in it. We're a great university. Good luck!

Source(s): http://www.asu.edu (ASU student)

Being honest your GPA is looking pretty bleak but have no fear, schools will also look at how well rounded you are. So just make sure you stand out and prove your worthiness in your application when you do it. I dont know about most of the universities though.

Source(s): Good luck :)

It really depends on what major you want and yada yada.... Theres a great shot if your good at sports

probably missou if your involved in extra curriculars