Can I collect unemployment benefits in the state of Florida and work for a blog?

I started working for a blog as a independent contractor and im on unemployment benefits in state of Florida. I know this much in the state of Florida you cant have a business license in your name and collect unemployment benefits but I don't have a license in my name I would be working as independent contractor. I would also be making my own schedule and not getting by the hour, or salary, but by the post. At the end of the year they will send me a 1099-MISC form for my taxes as well. Would I have to report this as income?

Favorite Answer

you can collect unempoyment if your blog is paying you under the table but if you are getting a check at the end of the year and are collecting unemployment you can get into alot of trouble.

• WRG

If you are being paid you must report those earnigs to the state.