Allowance for a wife!!!!!!!!?

My husband gave me his second business that makes 4 to 700 a month. He gave it to me and told me that would be my allowance.He works for himself and have another business , but sales slowed down. Our bills are cover for the next 2 months and he will be starting his master program and his sales will pick back up in june or july, The point is.... he gave me the account that makes money and told me that would be my allowance now he took it back saying that. He Needs the money for bills( which is a lie) and that he is taking it back....Im a stay at home wife and in nursing school. he complains about buying stupid ish and that was the whole point of my allowance..... is this wrong or am I being to harsh... I only had my first allowance since march.. and we agree that that would be my account and my allowance for me to buy whatever I need.....now he snatch it back and said its a family business and I need it back.. well if it is a family business why take it from me,, change the password on the accounts etc.. not to mention the accountion is in my name..I don't have a spending problem at all. just for the record.. what made him do this was that i didn't have the neccessary things I need because he is so dirt cheap.. and All the other wives have allowance that the husbands give them.. and all my credit cards he have.. he don't have any,, and the business accounts are in my name,, he took all those and keep it in his wallet.. if it is a emergency or anything I have no money are nothing..... what to do.. i think it is pretty unfair... to be quit honest... btw.... he needs the money to pay off debt that he accumalate when he invested into some bad stocks..... uhgggg... i can't wait to finish nursing school so i can have my own money and do what i want.. tired of people giving me stuff and taking stuff from me when they feel like........

i am not spoil....well growing up my mom and grandparents try to give me the best i could... but we are very traditional he don't want me working.... and im trying to get through nursing school because it is already a headach and hard...... i don't go shopping and splurge nor do i rarley leave the house. i have no real friends he don't like company really over. etc.... i have no controll over anything.... i can see now.. when i need pads or hair products he gone be complaining... about that..... I do have credit cards and 2 bank accounts but he took it from me... and controlls all the finances etc... like a normal wife would have money or cards in her wallet all i got is discount grocery cards and a id..... nothing pure nothing... and its not 700 every month it depends it is a online business i manage it so he basically said if i took care of the business and ran it whatever it makes it is mines..

Bears moms you are right. but these science course are kicking my butt i cannot be passing classes with C's especially when i go for my MSN and wanting a job my degree is not a basci degree it is a science nursing degree and it is hard especially clinicals doing 12hr shifts with no pay and then classes will not work.... for me.. im not a genius and i need to be focus fully on school.. trust me i do not want to have to ask for tampons pads etc and begging for everything i need without having 1 single dollar to my name.. whats even worst he don't carry cash nor do i... its amazing how everything in my name and all the money he have access to and not me and then lock me out of accounts.

AT MAI C WE DID HAVE AGREEMENT BUT HE BROKE IT...AND YES MY NAME MAY BE ON IT.. BUT WHEN PEOPLE HAVE PASSWORDS ETC ON ACCOUNTS THEY CAN LOCK YOU OUT YOUR OWN ISH....

@ mrs ruiz im not going to close no accounts.... he is the provider.... @ lala girl.... just shut the **** up really. did you even read my post... and why divorce I don't believe in divorce sorry....

Favorite Answer

Take control of your life and get a part time job so you can buy the things you need without having to ask for it. It won't be easy juggling school and work but lots of people do it. It sure beats having to beg for money from your husband.

You are complaining that you are not getting an allowance. The plans you made is to get a job so you can make your own money and not have to answer to anyone. What are you a child? Grow the hell up and do something about your situation. You were receiving a certain amount when your 4 walls was stable and now that financially speaking there are some issues you complain like a little whiny child that doesn't get what he/she wants. Sit and talk to your husband and understand your finances so you know where and what the money is going to, get a job so you can help your family (and please with the traditional crap) If none suits or meets your wild needs then get out of the marriage and make your own living.

Since everything is in your name, that means you are responsible for the debt he runs up on the accounts. Advise to him that you want your cards back and that he can put accounts and everything in his own name. Pull the plug from him. Finish your degree and get going, and tell him to fend for himself. I am for sure there is a different culture, maybe in America, but I don't have an allowance, my husband is my partner, we work together on everything. I have a full time job, so does he, we are 50/50 in everything. Forget that crap I would close every account that is in your name and tell him to get them in his name.

• Mai C

Sorry but it is not possible to give someone something that already belongs to them. If he is your husband then you already own both businesses and it makes no sense for him to give one to you unless you are getting divorced.

Find a job, you're giving him to much power over you.

get a job so you wont have to depend on anyone

• Jessy

You already asked this.

Get out and make your own money