shady contractors didn't fix the leaky roof....?

Hey guys! I hope you can give me some advice. My fiance had a leaky roof a few months ago, he called the insurance company and they sent out contractors to fix the roof. I didn't know it at the time, but my fiance told me last night that when they came out, one of the was noticeably drunk. They did the work and everything seemed to be fine.

Last night we had a terrible storm, and the leak in the roof was exposed again. My fiance called the insurance company again and told them, first off, about the contractors from last time, since he wanted different people. The company STILL sent out the same people-They explained that they sent out a request automatically before the complaint came in and that's why the same guys showed up. I think tomorrow they are supposed to call back to discuss the complaint. Do we have any legal recourse to get the job done right? This is getting costly and right now we can't afford to pay much money. Thanks for your help and suggestions. :-)

Yes, it is the exact same spot in the roof. We are close to the cap in our deductible.

Favorite Answer

Where I live (Maryland) you do not have to accept a contractor from the insurance co., you can pick your own contractor, submit the estimate, and let the ins. co. accept or decline the estimate (they usually accept it). Furthermore, insurance usually doesn't pay to repair the cause of the damage, but they will repair the damage, i.e. stains/cracks in ceiling. Why is it getting costly if you are going through insurance? Did the roofing co. give a warranty, are you sure it is the same leak, or does the whole roof need to be replaced-too many questions.

I would file a complaint with the insurance company. They need to know that one of their contractors showed up on the job drunk. I would insist that the insurance company have the job done correctly without charging you a second deductible.

just sue them or find a different company to help

Source(s): i just thhink its a good idea