Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

I don't know what to do....?

I really need some advice on this from Christians, but I know atheists are going to answer anyways so whatever. Please don’t answer this if you’re going to be mean. Anyways, I feel like I’m living a double life. I’m a Christian, but I feel like I don’t have any definite standards or beliefs. I get so easily swayed by stuff. It’s kind of hard to explain. I’m at the point in my life where my parents really aren’t setting the rules that much, and I have to decide what’s right and what’s wrong to say, wear, do, etc. The problem is, I don’t know exactly what I think is right or wrong. I mean, I do have some definite convictions like abstinence, but on other things I keep swaying back and forth. One day I can hardly wait to read the Bible, but the next day I’m doubting God. I always tend to say and do things that I regret. I don’t want to be mean or snobbish or flirty, but then I say and do things that are. I feel like I’m lying to people when I tell them I like or believe this or that because my convictions and opinions are constantly changing. I never used to have many friends, but the more I start fitting in with the rebellious reckless attitude, I get more friends. I never used to get much attention from guys, but the more I fit in, the more guys I get flirting with me and stuff. It’s just so addicting; I don’t know how else to describe it. I don’t go for the cheap, sleazy style, but I really get pulled in by the rich suburban/city snobbish style. I hear about kids who do wrong things like have a big party in someone else’s big mansion that’s for sale and no one lives there, ending up trashing the place; and I find myself thinking “hey that sounds like fun.” I want to be a person who’s nice and has convictions, but I never am. I’m so addicted to the live like there’s no tomorrow rebellious attitude with the loud music, fast-pace, and guys. Idk, I feel like I’m turning into someone that I don’t want to be. I really need some advice on this. (sorry about bad the punctuation and grammar)

Favorite Answer

Make sure you do not go against your conscience which will be a good guide. Read the Bible at least 2 times daily, early in the morning and before going to bed or late in the evening. Learn to give thanks to God as the Bible says and give thanks continually Hebrews 13:15. The Lord has created each one of us with a definite purpose and only when we accomplish it we will get real joy and happiness. So Keep on asking the Lord to reveal His plans and purposes for you. In John 13 It says Jesus knowing..... even He had to pray daily and seek God's purpose in his life. We are told to Seek first the Kingdom of God so start doing it. Also the parables suggests that we have to bring profit to the king and His KIngdom also in 1 Corinthians 10:29 onwards we are told to do all to the glory of God and to bring souls into the kingdom and to give offence to no one. So think of ways how you can bring others into a salvation experience and How you can glorify God and bring profit to the Kingdom of God and as you pray and meditate you are sure to find your way. If you ever confessed Jesus as Lord then keep It that way ask His guidance and He will guide you Romans 8:14 Seeking the kingdom means first making Jesus the king of your life and be ready to take his orders and obey instantly. So Read the New Testament in order and look out for his commands and promises and memorise them and meditate on them. Read also the following verses from the bible Romans 1:21-end Ps 1:1-3 Joshua 1:8 Ps 119:9-11 90-101. Make sure you go to bed with a clear conscience and all sins forgiven

If the parents do not limit you why not ask your pastor or youth pastor for advice and counsel I am sure you will know the right way. Have an aim in life to please God and to get the highest reward possible in heaven Philippians 3:8-12 God be with you.

Source(s): Bible

yonosay—

It says that the way to destruction is wide and well traveled. I don't know that destruction means hell, or just the hard consequences of bad choices. Being flirty and doing what the world tells you to do is what the Bible teaches against. We still have free will so we often bend to what feels easy or more natural. It ISN'T natural to do the right thing. It's difficult. Being double-minded is natural for all of us...especially a younger person with less practice at knowing what is right and what is wrong.

The Bible is a helpful guide in knowing what will help us and what will hurt us. While something feels right at the time, you have to ask yourself, will this make me happy in the long-run, or will it make me unhappy later. That is the snare of "sin". It's sweet on the lips for a season, but the stomach sours after a while. I won't get all preachy on you. Just don't abandon your faith just because you feel like a fake. That is how all of us feel. It is the enemy whispering in our ear that we are not worthy to call ourselves a Christian. Personally I prefer "Follower of Jesus". I've been walking in faith for 30 years and I still stumble. It's not about perfection, that's for Jesus to work out in us. It's more about practice.

Praying for you.

You're a teenager - you have to feel the way you do. Sorry to tell you this, but what you're feeling is part of life. Don't limit yourself - embrace those doubts and those feelilngs of anxiety - take it as a learning experience. no one ever said you had to know everything in the world by adulthood - Honestly, I can't think of one person I've ever known in my whole life that does! Give yourself a break and just live life to make yourself happy. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks. (but try not to break any major laws)

Hope that helped.

Doubting god...I am not Christian (Muslim) but I'm going to reply anyway "hehe". So anyway...Doubting god, perhaps there is a reason behind it that you don't yet see for example maybe the people you hang out with most of the time aren't exactly the right people to be with if you want to be so religious, also avoid watching films, listening to music that may get you away from god like I know this one song, can't remember the name but it says something like "Is god really above?" Yeah so that should help you love GOOD LUCK...

Source(s): ME XD
  • ?

I hope this is just a phase you are going through, but I know that you seem to be wanting to change and are looking for some sort of easy way out of the current life style that you are living. I hate to be so blunt but here goes. If you are doing something that you know is wrong do not partake in whatever activity that it is that is putting you in the situation. My mother had a saying see used to tell me when I was younger it was -'birds of a feather flock together' and also she would say 'tell me who your friends are and I can tell you who you are' It sounds like you need to get out of the social envorment you currently are in. I know this is easier said than done but find something to occupy your time while you are going through this sorta of life transition, and stay positive-God bless

Being popular is the pain of most teenagers today, and the need to fit in, rather then feel outcast. What you are going through is normal, and is called peer pressure. In order to fit in, you must do what they do, and it leaves little room to have your own ideas, worse yet, you do not even realize how much of what they do effects how you judge things. Sit down with your parents and be as honest as you were here, and let them know you are not ready just yet to have less rules. Come up with a contract between them and you of what is and is not acceptable behavior, and clear cut consequences you must follow. This is really less about religion then learning how to handle the stress of conformity to other kids your age. They can help you, so please, talk to your parents.

• ?

You are a teenager and your hormones are in high gear. Your parents are giving you some freedoms as you are getting older. The Bible tells us that we wrestle not against flesh and blood. The battle is not outside of you, but for your heart and your mind. Who will you serve? Satan knows his time is short, and he is notorious for his lies and packaging material. God has not left you alone. Ephesians chapter 6 tells you to put on the armor of God, and then stand defensively. Then you are to pray for yourself and others. The armor is for your protection, and not for you to do battle in. The battle is the Lords. Perhaps you have heard the advice to view everyone as naked in front of you, when you have had to be in front of a crowd? I'd like to suggest that you view Satan as naked, after Jesus died on the cross. He only has the power that we choose to give him. Do you really want to feed, clothe, and give him a place to stay in your heart? I hope this helps as well as Romans chapter 6. Romans 5 tells us that Christ died for us while we were sinners, ungodly, enemies, and without strength. That covers you and me both, if we want the gift of grace living in our lives.

First thing is that u have doubt abt existence of God.First think even you can't see bacteria from naked eye ,u are taking help of microscope to see or understand the reality of bacteria.due influence of contaminated environment your mind is receiving concentration.so search some real spiritual master who can give you real spiritual knowledge.Religion doest mean to take birth or dye .whatever is your religion ,search abt who is God.what is form of god.Who are u.what is reality of soul.What happens after death.First thing is to search real spiritual master not a traditional father .because they don't have extraordinary knowledge to give u.So read some ancient scripture of vedic text.I read it ,then i knew real purpose of life.Thanks

Source(s): Forgive me ,.if any wrong things
  • Josh6

This may answer your question. It is a blog interview with Satan that make much more sense than could be presented here.

http://firmchristianity.blogspot.com/2008/12/inter...

Well get off the computer and go to sleep watch tv but no computer.