Do Ultrasonic Pest Repellers Work ?

Bell & Howell have some out that claim to repel ants, roaches, rats, mice, by just plugging them into an electrical outlet, also Good Life and Black & Decker puts them out. They 'say' not to use them if you have hamsters, gerbils, etc, but that they are safe for dogs & cats. I wish they'd make something like this for fleas, However, they are not all that inexpensive but if they work, they'd be worth their weight in gold, not to have an exterminator come every month for at least $50. We live in South Florida so here, it is a necessity to have pest control, and Florida is just one big ant hill as it is. If you have used these, please tell me.

• Best Answer

Hi ! If these things really worked, there would be no Exterminators left in business and Orkin and Truly Nolan would file bankruptcy. NO , they do not work. Save your money, and listen to the other dear people who took the time to answer this question also. Love Yahoo Answers ! We have the experience and knowledge of the world at our fingertips. Do Not Buy These Ultrasound Rip-Offs.

• Walt9 months agoReport

I found a video right here, which seems that it works.

https://www.x-pest.com/product/mouse-deterrent/

Ultrasonic Pest Repeller

The condo I rent has a lot of spiders. I kill at least 2-3 harmless spiders a day. I have a small dog and 2 old cats. I ve found black widows inside on 6 different occasions and absolutely can not risk my pets getting bit. I purchased a 3 pack of Bell+Howell insect repellents at Ross. (super cheap so I figured why not) It s been 4-5 months and I ve seen/killed 10 spiders at most. I swear by this product. As long as you plug them in where they are not obstructed. I ve heard that the spiders can become immune, but I have not experienced that problem yet. I was concerned my pets would be affected, and they are not. My cats actually lay right underneath one. I have never had any other problems with rodents or other bugs, but it s worked wonders for my spider problem.

• Yoshiko Yasui
      4 years agoReport

use Ortho HOme Spray and your troubles will be over, we now are pest free in our home and walk ways and yard - spray all the permitters with this stuff.

3 years ago I made the mistake of purchasing a used dresser.I ended up with a bad roach infestation.After 2 1/2 years and thousands in exterminators, sprays, etc. I was ready to give up. Finally, in desperation. I purchased 9 Bell and howell ultrasonic pest removers. Between a combination of those, Combat Max Gel, and Combat Max Bait Stations, I am now roach free.

• Tony5 years agoReport

I just wanted to add, roaches are the ultimate survivor..no one treatment is effective..you have to use a combination of things.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Do Ultrasonic Pest Repellers Work ?

Bell & Howell have some out that claim to repel ants, roaches, rats, mice, by just plugging them into an electrical outlet, also Good Life and Black & Decker puts them out. They 'say' not to use them if you have hamsters, gerbils, etc, but that they are safe for dogs & cats. I wish...

Source(s): ultrasonic pest repellers work: https://tr.im/qevAx

I had and still have small ants in my bathroom. I installed and in a couple of days I noticed the ants were crawling all over the Bell and Howell pest repellers I think they enjoy the sound - save your money

In late March of this year, I placed a Yard Guard electronic pest repeller in the crawl space of my home and another in my attic. No more squirrels and rats. I'm impresssed.

• Ginger4 years agoReport

They worked for our rat problem in the attic and inside th walls! They never came back.

I have not had ants or mice since I plugged my pest repellers in...had field mice all over the kitchen, gone...The ants that come in spring I put repellers by each door they come in...no ants this year...I swear by mine! The work like champs! Being in New Hampshire, I just wish it was that easy to get rid of the mosquitoes!

Source(s): Personal use

Hi its difficult to see if they would work without placing a rodent in the same area of one whilst watching if they are successful. The best course of action is to employ a professional pest controller

Source(s): www.pestlocal.wordpress.com
    • kevin5 years agoReport

http://www.pestlocal.wordpress.com

i think it's important to not the relevance of the size of the room where the pests are being repelled away from. It may note that on the item(s) purchased at the time. My question is "What length of time are they strong enough to be plugged in for efficient use?"

Theres a class action law suit vs Bell & Howell claiming these do NOT work with two scientific tests proving so