Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

What will you do when May 21 2011 comes, and nothing happens?

Are you going to say "Oh, it was a miscalculation! It is really October 21 2011!" Then the day day after October 21 2011 you'll say "Oh, it was a miscalculation! It is really December 21 2012!" Then the day day after December 21 2012 you'll say "Oh, it was a miscalculation! It is really..."

Favorite Answer

Keep answering questions about 12/21/2012.

The man behind the May 21, 2011 prophecy, Harold Camping has already been incorrect once and, therefore, is a false prophet. If he had lived in Old Testament times, he would have been stoned to death for making an incorrect prophecy. No responsible Christian leader supports his "prophecy" http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2...

"But of that day or hour, no one knows, neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be watchful! Be alert! You do not know when the time will come." (Mark 13:32-33)

Jesus told us in no uncertain terms that we were not to know when the end of the world would come but that we were always to be ready.

Each new Christian denomination seems to worry about the end of the world a bit too much. Then after a couple of centuries, they realize that there are always wars and rumors of wars, etc.

I won't even mention the hundreds of false predictions of the end of the world over the centuries, all of which were based on individual interpretations of biblical prophecies.

The first century Christian Church thought that Jesus was going to return at any moment. Only after a couple of centuries did the Church realize that it may be 2,000 or 4,000 or 8,000 years before Jesus returns.

The Catholic Church wisely follows Jesus' advice and teaches that each of us should live as if we will meet our maker in the next ten minutes and that we need to work to make the world a better place for our 100 X great-grandchildren.

Do not worry about the end of the world. Trust God to make sure everything happens to plan. Just be ready to meet God at any time.

For more information, about what Catholics believe about the end of the world, see: http://www.americancatholic.org/Newsletters/CU/ac0...

With love in Christ.

• Iván

My guess is that he will set new dates as he did in 1994, 1995 and 1996:

I believe it will go like this:

1.- He will claim that without us having noticed, things started on May 21.

2.- Then he will move it to October 21, 2011 and when nothing happens he will claim he had a slight mistake.

3.- Probably Christmas 2011

4.- Maybe passover 2012.

Then I don't know because the guy has almost 90 years

• Erika

Harold camping out proclaimed the Lord's return could be in 1994! Harold camping out proclaimed the Lord's return would be on could 21, 2011! Harold camping out teaches that the international will lead to fiery destruction on October 21, 2011! Harold camping out taught that no person became saved between 1988 by way of 1994! Harold camping out teaches that the church age resulted in 1994! Harold camping out teaches that the Holy Spirit is no longer working interior the church! Harold camping out teaches that each church interior the international is apostate! needless to say, Harold camping out isn't a real Christian, and has fabricated his very own cult.

I'm going to make right a measuring line and justice a level. I will purify the lips of the people so they will all call upon the name of the Lord to serve Him with one Spirit.

I am the first and I am the last. The One who lives. Once I died but now I live forever and ever.

These are the words of my Father, Almighty God who sent me. The reason I was born and the reason I came into the world is to testify to the truth. Anyone committed to the truth will hear my voice.

Well its on a saturday so I'll probably smoke weed, eat some food, have sex, play video games, hang out with friends... whatever I feel is necessary I guess.

Troll the **** out of harold campings website. He says that it is a 100% fact that the world will end on that day, he says that he cant be wrong. LOL

• John

I guess I'll have to take my board exam on May 25 after all.

• Jon

Same thing that I did for Y2K.

Continue with my life because I knew nothing was going to happen.

God bless

Source(s): Christian
  • Nunya

Um excuse me, but not all Christians believe this date; for example, Me!

Jesus said that no one knows the day nor the hour when the Son of Man will be (and that includes Jesus Himself!)

Plus, the man who made this prediction has already made a past prediction and surprise, surprise, he was wrong.

Source(s): Teen who loves Jesus Christ!

I´ll be joining the party on here.