Why do dog breeders often make rules for puppy buyers that the breeders themselves don’t abide by?

I have seen rules on some dog breeders' puppy purchase contracts that are completely hypocritical. Years ago, I had visited several dog breeders’ kennels (of a certain large working dog breed) and some of these breeders had rules in their puppy purchase contracts that they themselves didn't even abide by. ... show more I have seen rules on some dog breeders' puppy purchase contracts that are completely hypocritical. Years ago, I had visited several dog breeders’ kennels (of a certain large working dog breed) and some of these breeders had rules in their puppy purchase contracts that they themselves didn't even abide by.

Two examples of these rules were:

Not kenneling your dog – The breeders themselves were kenneling their dogs.

Fenced yard required – The breeders themselves didn't have a fenced yard.

I have spoken to other people who were looking to purchase puppies, and they said that they noticed the same type of hypocrisy after visiting dog breeder kennels of the breeds they were interested in.

My dogs live in the house, so for me the kenneling requirement is not a problem, and I have a huge fenced yard as well. However, I find it very hypocritical that dog breeders seem to often have rules in their puppy purchase contracts that they themselves don’t abide by. When I see this type of hypocrisy, all I can do it laugh. It seems that these breeders follow the old saying which goes “Do as I say, Not as I do”.

What is everyone’s opinion on this?

And for those are you that vehemently try to defend every and all dog breeders: Please don’t pretend that this hypocrisy doesn’t often exist even with very reputable dog breeders because I know it does. I have seen it first-hand, and listened to first-hand accounts.
Update: Grammatical correction: The first sentence of the last paragraph should read: "And for those of you that vehemently try to defend every and all dog breeders:"