Parting with sucky web designer. Help!?

Hello, I am a young entrepreneur with limited funds who hired a freelance web designer to make my start up company's website in New York City. My first rookie mistake must have been that because this designer was a friend of a friend, I immediately thought her as a professional, trustworthy person who would... show more Hello,
I am a young entrepreneur with limited funds who hired a freelance web designer to make my start up company's website in New York City. My first rookie mistake must have been that because this designer was a friend of a friend, I immediately thought her as a professional, trustworthy person who would be capable of delivering what was promised.

The website was supposed to be completed 2 months ago along with design of business cards but she has failed to give us anything beyond my rough idea of what I wanted the website to look like. Meaning no creative direction, nothing more than the rough sketch I drew out for her on our first meeting. The layout is exactly what I had asked for, I'll give her that. But as some one who needs to do business online, the product so far is not acceptable at best and "looks like a scam" at worst. My website is flat, lacks intrigue and though it's simple because I've asked her to keep it that way, every one of my friends have told me it looks boring.

Now I am about to part with my designer and she is telling me I still need to pay her for the work she's done ON TOP of the 50% deposit I've already paid her. I told her "no way" as I am an unsatisfied customer that does that have the end product of what I had wanted. My question is, is there a way for me to salvage the codes of my website to save the wireframe of what was made so far? I'm afraid she will delete everything if I don't give her more money. The website is saved under her own website.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you! Also, if you are a capable, honest web designer/developer who is in the NYC area, please contact me as I am currently looking for a new designer! Thank You!