1) You can either hang up a sticky fly strip or hide a small sticky bug catcher box under or behind furniture, in a cabinet or such place.
2) Find an object to exterminate the pest, if you need a more immediate exterminating method such as a news paper, piece of cardboard, a paper-back book or a regular fly swatter. Roll it up or position it in your hand so it is comfortable.
i) Position it about a foot above the insect.
ii) Hit the insect. But you need to hit it fast enough so that it doesn't have time to react but hard enough to exterminate the insect on contact.
iii) Scrape and/or wash the insect-remains off the surface and dispose of it in a fashionable manner
3) As an alternate to crushing the bug, you can make or buy a spray household pesticide.
i) Mix about 5% orange oil with 95% water or 10% orange oil with 90% water  (not orange cleaner) in a sprayer bottle like an old Windex(r) bottle (shake the mixture well before each use) follow manufacturer recommendations on their label or website.
ii) Buy a commercial product and follow the labeled directions.
4) Then, spray down the bug and any area where you think it may be or may enter the dwelling and save and refill the orange oil sprayer and dispose of the empty can in a reasonable manner.
5) Another organic earth product is diatomic earth  a powdered form of an irritant for insects that kills them by getting into their joints.