Help! Giant Unknown bug in basement!?

I'm terrified of bugs of any sort but I went down stairs to do our laundry (we have a stone basement, unfinished) and I began to ruffle through the pile from that week. I picked up a pair of my scrub pants which felt as though they were vibrating when out tumbled what appeared to be the biggest bee I've... show more I'm terrified of bugs of any sort but I went down stairs to do our laundry (we have a stone basement, unfinished) and I began to ruffle through the pile from that week. I picked up a pair of my scrub pants which felt as though they were vibrating when out tumbled what appeared to be the biggest bee I've ever laid eyes upon. I kid you not this thing is bigger then my thumb. Naturally.. I bolted. I snatched up my cat whose always on the prowl for these things and snuck to the basement with her. There I found this massive thing can fly as it's buzzing around one of my light bulbs. Well my apologizes to my cat but she's down there and I hope she catches the damn thing. My skins crawling thinking about this thing.. what should I do.. My fiancées not due home for another two hours
5 answers 5