Can my landlord send me to collections, if so when? OR does she have to take me to court first?

I live in Washington State- please only respond if you know the laws in this state. I read somewhere that if a landlord charges you more than your deposit after moving out, they have to take you to court to get it back and can't bill you the remaining. However, i can't find the web page anymore, so im not... show more I live in Washington State- please only respond if you know the laws in this state. I read somewhere that if a landlord charges you more than your deposit after moving out, they have to take you to court to get it back and can't bill you the remaining. However, i can't find the web page anymore, so im not such if im remembering it correctly, nor do i have proof.

My landlord is charging me $67 over my deposit. My deposit was $300 and i believe i am owed some monies back because i did leave the place very clean, so i am against forking over the $67 they want. The problem is the charges are too much. I moved out on March 30, received the estimates of charges in the first week of April and I received a call yesterday April 19th that if I do not pay them they will send me to collections. Can they send me to collections or do they have to take me to court? Or can they do both? If they can report it, how long do i have to pay them before they have the right to report it to a collection agency? They don't deserve any more money from me after what they put me through. But i also don't want to go to court over $67 + the hassle, nor want a collection agency/credit bureau to have a debt showing of only $67.

Also, they never sent me any receipts proving they had the repairs done. They sent me estimates of what it would cost them to get it done. Anyone can get an estimate and chose not to get the work done, forward me the estimate, and bank on my money. What gives them the right to send me to collections when they havent proven they paid anything?
Update: Why do idiots respond, i swear! This is about whether or not the landlord has a right to take me to collections-- NOT a matter of how many hours i work to be able to pay a "measly" $67. Principle. People can't just do whatever they want to mess up your life. There are rules. I am trying to figure out what they... show more Why do idiots respond, i swear! This is about whether or not the landlord has a right to take me to collections-- NOT a matter of how many hours i work to be able to pay a "measly" $67. Principle. People can't just do whatever they want to mess up your life. There are rules. I am trying to figure out what they are.
Update 2: Here we go again...It is --NOT-- just my responsibility to prove that i do not owe them. They have to prove their charges are LEGIT. You just can't give someone a bill and NOT PROVE that they owe you that amount.