Big Mike asked in SportsBaseball · 9 years ago

Can you like two baseball teams?

I grew up in Germany watching the Yankees and it's what i have known for most of my life, so I love the Yankees!

Now I have lived in the Dallas Fort Worth area for almost 10 years and have grown to like the Texas Rangers.

I'm not a die hard baseball fanatic but I still love the Yankees and I like the Rangers. all my Die Hard Rangers Fan friends tell me I can't like both teams and that I have to choose...

I'd like some feedback, all opinions are appreciated. ***please no flaming***

I will always root for the Yankees first. the Rangers second, if we play each other, I'll be wearing pinstripes.

I cheered for the Yankees in last years ALCS, but i was happy for the Rangers to win their first ALCS and make their first trip to the World Series...

Favorite Answer

There are 30 teams in Major League Baseball across two leagues and six total divisions, which is more than enough to have split loyalties. My favorite team is the Atlanta Braves.

BUT, I like the Rays too. They are a good team that continuously surprise me because they are not that old of a team.

I also like the Tigers because my boyfriend is from the Detroit area. If they win, he's happy, so I'm happy.

There's -nothing- wrong with rooting for more than one team. Everyone has a favorite I think, but it is perfectly legitimate to be happy when any of your favorites win.

There's also something to be said about when two teams are in the World Series. I see so many people suddenly abandon their team if that team didn't make the World Series and suddenly cheer one of the two in the World Series on. You fellow Rangers fans still have their preferences if the Rangers don't get into the World Series. :)

You can of course like both teams; however, it won't really sit well with other fans. I don't know how you can really be a diehard Yankees fan and still like the Texas Rangers. After the offseason the Yankees organization and the Rangers organization were at eachother's throats.

It's easier to get away with being a fan of an NL and then a AL team.

Sure, though you will eventually find out which team you favor.

When they play each other

I grew up in rural Missouri listening to the Cardinal games.

I was a fan of the A's as well(55-67)

I have been a fan of the Royals since they arrived(expansion) in 69

Cardinals / Royals 1985 World Series = I'm not telling :))

You can like whichever teams you want, but it's odd for someone to like two the teams involved in a semi-intense rivalry. The fact that you suddenly like the Rangers could lead some to believe that you are simply a bandwagon fan trying to justify himself through a residency claim. Which team did you pull for in last year's playoffs? The answer to that question will tell whether or not you're a bandwagoner.

My parents and most of my family are Mets fans so I followed them. Since I was living in Colorado when the Rockies were formed in 1993 I was a Rockies fan since day 1 of there existence. When the Rockies and Mets play I am a Rockies fan only for that series.

NOPE IMPOSSIBLE! all texas ranger fans are LOYAL. if you are too stupid to not know they are the best, you don't deserve to be a rangers fan! so you just run backed to your losing team and don't even think about coming back when we beat them again and win the world series this year:P

Sure you can. Just that if they are both in the same division, it could be hard choosing who you want to go to the end.

You just can't like the Yankees, that is all.

• Operaz

You're free of doing whatever you want. Why do you worry about liking two teams? Would you care what others say?

• Mark

Make one your main team and one your secondary. My order is phillies and rangers.