What did Jay leno do to?

Conan? How did he screw conan?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • B
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

In 2009, Jay Leno left The Tonight Show and was replaced by Conan O'Brien. Later that year, Jay launched a new NBC show that aired in prime time. The show did not do well with ratings.

NBC then proposed an idea in which Leno would host a half hour problem after the local news, and Conan would be pushed to midnight instead of letting his program start earlier and when 'The Tonight Show' usually did. Conan did not like the idea, felt he was being cheated and left The Tonight Show and the NBC network altogether after only a few months on air. After this, Jay returned to hosting The Tonight Show.

So basically, Jay gave Conan The Tonight Show, but after his new show failed miserably, he took back The Tonight Show and left Conan with nothing.

• 9 years ago

It wasn't him so much as it was NBC who put Jay at a different time spot with a different show that was far from good. NBC then decided they should have let well enough alone so they pulled the rug out from underneath Conan. They took away Conans life long dream of hosting Johnney Carsons Tonight Show after only a short amount of time. It was a bad idea to begin with if Jay Leno had no intentions of retiring, but all in all it was the big wigs at NBC who thought they could do anything and it would be gold.

Source(s): several radio and newspaper stories on the incident in question.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Jay Leno and the dirty liberal Jews at NBC screwed Conan. Watch SNL sometime and count the minutes until they rip on conservatives. I can't even come up with an NBC show I like anymore. They guy who replaced Conan, Jimmy Failin, he is just an annoying little geek. Everything about him is annoying. I don't have cable, the only late night I watch is Jimmy Kimmel, at least he is funny and hasn't stabbed anyone's backs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.