Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 decade ago

Is Intel SSD 310 Series 80Gb VS standard HDD worth it?

I will be buying a thinkpad w520 this summer and was wondering if the micro SSD is worth the extra $350 dollars, currently I have about 65GB of data not including my media......I will put that on the 320GB HDD in the laptop. Anyways my question is; Is the 80GB micro SSD worth it as far as read and write comparisons to a 720RPM HDD

or is this option better..... A Intel 160 GB Solid State Drive, Serial ATA with no micro SSD or HDD......I will have both windows 7 and Linux loaded on my system

.....VS...

320GB HDD & Intel SSD 310 Series 80Gb

they add up to about the same price

Favorite Answer

Yes, absolutely it has worth.