What should i do over the summer?

Here are my options:

Cottonwood gulch foundation;

Pros: I was part of a trek last year so i know ill have fun, june 25-august 5, good memories form last year

Cons: tuition is 3,200 plus airfare, 10 days at base camp (its not really a con but it gets boring)

S.C.A (student conservation association)

Pros: tuition free, conservation trail crew in Olympic national park Washington state, new experience for me.

Cons: july 7-august 5 short time period, will miss the gulch

what should i do?

Best Answer

Find a BSA Venture Crew in your area. They're co-ed and are for youths 14-21. Each crew specializes in one or more activities. In my area we have a variety of crews including Sea Scouts (sailing/power boating), high adventure (camping/hiking/climbing/canoeing), Explorer Posts (crews train and ride with police, fire, EMS), and there is even a crew at the local university that specializes in archaeologicall digs and spends weeks camping out in the desert while assisting professors dig for dinosaur and other fossils.

Many organizations will use your outdoor skills: Volunteers Outdoor Colorado, VOC, has many projects. Apply for a wildland firefighting job with the Forest Service and actually get paid for dirty work in the woods.

• chris

You have to PAY to volunteer? find a better foundation to support like the Ca. conservation corp they pay you.

http://www.ccc.ca.gov/Pages/default.aspx