What should i do over the summer?

Here are my options:

Cottonwood gulch foundation;

Pros: I was part of a trek last year so i know ill have fun, june 25-august 5, good memories form last year

Cons: tuition is 3,200 plus airfare, 10 days at base camp (its not really a con but it gets boring)

S.C.A (student conservation association)

Pros: tuition free, conservation trail crew in Olympic national park Washington state, new experience for me.

Cons: july 7-august 5 short time period, will miss the gulch

what should i do?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

Find a BSA Venture Crew in your area. They're co-ed and are for youths 14-21. Each crew specializes in one or more activities. In my area we have a variety of crews including Sea Scouts (sailing/power boating), high adventure (camping/hiking/climbing/canoeing), Explorer Posts (crews train and ride with police, fire, EMS), and there is even a crew at the local university that specializes in archaeologicall digs and spends weeks camping out in the desert while assisting professors dig for dinosaur and other fossils.

• 9 years ago

Many organizations will use your outdoor skills: Volunteers Outdoor Colorado, VOC, has many projects. Apply for a wildland firefighting job with the Forest Service and actually get paid for dirty work in the woods.

• chris
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

You have to PAY to volunteer? find a better foundation to support like the Ca. conservation corp they pay you.

http://www.ccc.ca.gov/Pages/default.aspx

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.