My 12 year old son wants an ipod touch for his bday . Should I get him the touch or the iphone?

My Thought: Paying the iphone bill w/ unlimited data is almost $2,880 for two years (not including downloading Apps). But he already has a phone (which I can give to his 10 yr old sister and get him a new single line). OR should I get him a touch? My Dilema: it seems like if i get the touch, it would be a waste... show more My Thought: Paying the iphone bill w/ unlimited data is almost $2,880 for two years (not including downloading Apps). But he already has a phone (which I can give to his 10 yr old sister and get him a new single line). OR should I get him a touch?

My Dilema: it seems like if i get the touch, it would be a waste of money to pay for the same thing but without the phone feature & he has to carry around 2 items instead of 1, but then again, the cost is high for monthly service, i highly doubt he will need endless data pkg, all he does is text, play games and listen to music, which is also a waste of money. And doesnt the apps and games cost money and evens out with the monthly phone plan? OMG! HELP ME SOMEONE! HIS BIRTHDAY IS THIS FRIDAY!!